Chapter 20

*Your POV*
Kev, Veronica, Betty, Jug and I are all walking on the bleachers. Jug and I are holding hands..his hand is so warm. That was a weird thing to say.

"Betty, you're positively radiating Nicholas Sparks. Tell me everything about this Trev." Veronica says.

"Oh, there's nothing to tell. Just one of Betty's sources there's nothing romantic in the offing." Kevin says, sarcastically. They all sit down with Archie, but Jug and I keep walking along the bleachers.

"So, do you have any idea who would break into Kevin's house?" I ask."

"Honestly..I have no clue." He says.

"Me either." We both sit down and look at the field. He gets out his laptop, and I get out my camera. "Okay, I don't normally do this, buuut," I aim my camera at him, and snap a picture. He laughs.

"What was that for?"

I look at it, "I don't know. I normally never take pictures of people, but I wanted to have a picture of my boyfriend in my gallery." I smile.

He smiles, and kisses me. After about a second, he breaks, and continues his novel. I scroll through some of the pictures that I've taken over the past couple days, just of random things. Some of the most weirdest things can be turned into masterpieces in one click.

Veronica comes over to us. "Okay. I'm asking this now. But, are you guys together?"

I laugh and look down.

"Yes, we are." Jug says, with confidence.

She squeals, "I knew it! You guys are perfect for each other."

I laugh, "Thanks, Vee."

Cheryl comes over to us. "Sorry to interrupt your little love triangle over here."

"What are you even talking abo-" I start.

She interrupts me, "But I'm here to formally invite you to Jason's memorial at Thornhill this weekend." She says, and gives us each an invitation. Jug and I both look at each other, confused. Why exactly is she inviting us? "So, just don't steal anything. We'll be checking bags." She walks off.

I have an idea.. "I'll see you guys later." I peck Jug on the cheek and follow her. She walks inside. "Cheryl. Hey, wait." She slows down a little bit. "Look. I know that we aren't the best of friends, but I know that this is a hard week for you. And that's probably why you're being particularly obnoxious."

"Maybe. What's your point?" she asks.

"My point is," I grab her arm and she stops and turns around, "I don't want to be in this feud with you throughout the year. That only ends in one way. Mutual annihilation."

She rolls her eyes, "Agreed."

"So, can we be friends? Frenemies at the least."

She turns around and keeps walking, "If you really want to extend an olive branch," she turns around, again, "come to a sleep over I'm having."

I hesitate for a second, but then finally talk. "Fine. Sure, when?"

"The night before the memorial." She walks up the stairs, and then looks over her shoulder, "I don't wanna spend the night before I bury my brother alone."

"Right." I say to myself, and turn around.

~

I am walking around the school, and I walk past a classroom, but then I turn around, when I think I see two familiars in the window. It's Betty and Jughead. I knock twice and open the door.

"Hey.." I say. They both look at me, "Am I interrupting something?" That stupid feeling is coming back..

"No, of course not. We were just talking about how at Cheryl's funeral, we would sneak into Jason's bedroom and look for more things about his death." Betty says, standing up.

"Oh, okay." I say. I put my bag down and sit. "So, what's the plan?"

"Basically, what she said," Jug starts, "When we get there, we'll wait until everyone's finished, and then you, Betty, and I will all go into Jason's room and look for, anything that we can get a lead on."

"Okay. Well, Cheryl invited me to stay one night at her house the night before the memorial so, I'll already be there. That's why, I was looking for you so you could possibly take my truck." I look at Jug.

"Okay, sounds good." He says.

I get a text from Archie.

Archibald Andrewsss:
Hey uh, can you help me? Haha. I did something to my hand.

"Well, I'll leave you guys to plan." I say, and get up

Jug looks at me, sympathetically. "Are you sure you don't want to stick around?" he asks, taking my hand.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Betty take a deep breath and look the other way. I smile. "No, it's totally fine. You guys do your thing. I've just gotta, go," I make a click sound with my tongue and motion towards the door.

"Okay. I'll text you later." He pecks my cheek, and I leave the room. I walk through the halls, and see Archie sitting on a bench, attempting to wrap a bandage around his hand, but failing. I laugh, and go over to him.

"What'd you do, Andrews?" he looks up at me.

"Hey (Y/N).." he says. I look down at his hand, and then back at him and then sit down.

"Isn't this your playing hand?" He nods. I sigh, and sit down, "Archie, this, hand is your instrument. You need to take better care of it." I start to wrap the bandage around his hand, properly. "And you know, stop punishing yourself while you're at it."

"I'm not."

"Are you sure?" I look up at him.

"I got slammed because I didn't know the play. And I didn't know the play, because, like an idiot, instead of memorizing my plays I was up late last night. Working on some of my songs with Valerie."

I raise my eyebrow, "Valerie, huh?" I can see his cheeks turn a little red, and I laugh, "Relax, I'm just teasing you. And you're not an idiot." I finish wrapping up his hand, and lift it up. "Okay, good as new. But, try to take better care of it. That hand's gonna be worth millions one day." I grab my bag and stand up.

"Thanks, (N/N)." he says.

"No problem." I say and walk off.

-------------------------
Word Count: 1055