Chapter 21

*Your POV*
I'd never think that I'd be sitting down, eating at Thornhill in the Blossom's house. Honestly, I thought that when she said, "sleepover," I thought she meant more than just me. "Thank you for having me." I say.

Penelope looks up, and fake smiles, "Cheryl invited you. I have no idea why you're here."

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, that she knows my mother. And hates her. They were mortal enemies in high school, and then she moved, and she told me to never talk with the Blossoms, if I ever come back. But, I don't care what she says anymore because, she's not in charge of me anymore.

I look down at my plate, "Right." I say, quietly. "I don't know why I'm here either, honestly." I look over at Cheryl. "I thought there'd be other girls." Cheryl looks at me, and then we both look back down at our food.

"Nana Rose, would you like some more ham?" Clifford asks, she doesn't say anything, but only stares straight ahead. "(Y/N), would you like some more maple ham?" he asks me.

"I'm good. It's delicious, though." I say. "You can really, taste the maple."

"You do know that Riverdale was founded on the maple syrup industry."

"I didn't, actually. Fascinating."

"That's where Sweetwater River got its name." He says, and Penelope rolls her eyes. "Perhaps you should ask your father about it, sometime." I slowly look up, "How is he, by the way?"

"I wouldn't know. I ran away from home. He's back in (pick a place)." I say, taking another bite of my ham, hoping that he doesn't ask me anymore questions about my family...

"Well..nothing worse than being a drug addict." Penelope says. I freeze. What the hell did this bitch just say?

"Except for this dinner party." Cheryl says, quietly.

"What did you say?" Penelope snaps, banging on the table, which made Cheryl jump. She just looks up at her, but doesn't say anything. "Hmm." Penelope goes back to cutting her food.

"Well..I think that it's nice that all of you get a chance to say 'goodbye' to Jason." I say.

"Not all of us." Cheryl says, eating a vegetable.

"That's because some people already got to say goodbye to Jason. While rowing him across the river," Penelope says. Cheryl looks at her. "to his death." And with that, she stands up and brings her plate into the kitchen, leaving the four of us in awkward silence.

~

Cheryl and I are sitting on her bed, looking through a photo album. We chuckle when we see a baby photo of him.

"I hope this isn't weird, but Jason was crazy handsome, from looking at these pictures." I say.

"The handsomest." Cheryl says. "Something tells me he would've liked you."

"Why did you invite me, tonight? Why not, Tina? Or Ginger? Aren't they your besties?"

"I don't know." She pauses, "I guess, maybe I just want to start over, too."

There's a moment of silence between us, which I think is going to be a thing every two minutes now. "Cheryl, you're allowed to say goodbye to your brother. But, why does it have to be..."

"In front of people?" she finishes.

"Yeah."

She shrugs and takes a deep breathe. "Everything with Jason's been so, public. Everyone has an opinion. Has been gossiping. Saying he got what he deserved, or that he didn't. I just...I want everyone to know that I'm...I'm sorry." We look at each other for a second, "And that Jason deserved a...a better family than what he got."

"Then do it. I'll help you. And, let Penelope and Clifford Blossom do their worst."

"Oh, they will. They'll kill me."

I glance down, and to the side. She looks back down at her book.

"So...you and hobo." She starts.

I raise my eyebrow. "You mean Jughead?"

"Yeah, yeah him. Are you together?"

I sigh, "Yes. We are."

"Are you upset about it?" She gasps.

"What? No. I just sighed because you called my boyfriend a 'hobo.'" We both laugh, and continue to look through pictures in the album.

-------------------------
Word Count: 692

[A/N]: how do ya like Cheryl and [Y/N] becoming friends 😂