Chapter 23

*Your POV*
I see Jughead outside, leaning against my car. I give him a confused look, and walk over to him. I smile, "What are you already doing here?" I ask.

"You were the one who took long." He chuckles, "Want to go to Pop's?"

"Yeah." I toss him my keys and we both get in the car and he starts it.

"So, how was investigating with Betty?" I ask.

"We didn't find anything, except for Nana Rose sitting in the corner, like she was waiting for us or something." That sends a shiver down my spine.

"Yeah..that lady is creepy. Last night, she wouldn't talk at all during the dinner. It was like she was a total statue."

"Oh yeah, how was that? Staying at Cheryl's, I mean."

"Honestly, it wasn't as bad as I thought."

"Hm." He looks to the side.

"Uh, keep your eyes on the road, mister."

He laughs, "Okay, okay." We arrive at Pop's. He parks the car and we walk inside.

"I'll have a strawberry milkshake." Jug says.

"Vanilla for me, please." I say.

"Alright." Pop goes back.

We go and find a booth and sit down.

"So, what was up with Cheryl at the memorial?" he asks.

"Well, I guess it's kind of my fault. She was getting annoyed at her parents, because, if you've seen what they did at the dinner," I laugh, "you'd be annoyed, too. But that doesn't matter. Anyways, I told her that she should wear her white dress that she supposedly wore the day that she left Jason, just to get back at them.

"Wow. So that was your idea?"

I nod my head, "Yeah..Jug, you should've seen what that bitch of a mother did to her."

He raises his eyebrow.

"When she grabbed her and ran her upstairs, I followed," I look to the side, "and she yelled at her for a thing that I had the idea for...I should've been yelled at. Cheryl didn't deserve it."

He puts his hand across the table and touches mine. "Hey, it's not completely your fault. Cheryl went along with the plan. I think that she surprised her mother enough."

"Yeah..I guess you're right."

Pop comes and puts our milkshakes down. "Thanks." I say.

"I'm always right." He says, laughing.

"Okay, don't push it." I say, laughing.

~

The next day, the bell rings for second period and I go over to Jug. "Hey, mind if I sit with Cheryl today? I wanna see how she's doing from yesterday."

"Sure, I don't mind." He says.

I peck him on the cheek. "Okay, thanks. I'll see you at lunch.

I go over to where Cheryl is sitting and take the spot next to her.

"Hey, Cheryl." I say.

"Hey."

"How are you doing?"

"Fine, thank you. Just after watching my brother's body get buried."

"I'm so sorry."

"It's okay." She glances down, and the bell rings for class to start.

The teacher comes in, "So, changes to Earth's system.."

~

I take my camera out of my bag, and I'm feeling photogenic for some reason. I find Jug at lunch, leaning against a wall and I go up to him. "Hey."

"Hey. I was waiting for you to find me. Anyways, Betty wants us to go to the office, and talk more about Polly and Jason." He says.

"Okay." I say. We both start to walk over to the Blue and Gold. I see Kev on the way. "Hey, Kev." I say.

"Hey guys, where are you two love birds going?" He asks.

That question made me blush... "The Blue and Gold to meet up with Betty. You should come."

"Alright. Got nothin better to do." He says and follows us.

We make it to the office and I open the door and Betty's there. "Hey," I say and walk inside.

"Hi guys." She says. I sit down in a desk, and Jug leans against another.

"So, what's up?"

"Well, I'm just thinking about the whole situation. Juggie, I feel like I don't even know who my mom and dad are anymore."

And I feel like I'm left out of this conversation.

"Betty.." Jug starts. He gets up and walks towards the murder board, "if your parents lied about Jason and Polly, there's probably more that they lied about."

I quietly sigh and stand up and walk over to the window. I take a picture of a flag that's just flapping in the wind. Kevin comes over to me.

"I feel like they're doing more work than they should be." He says.

"Well, I don't know what to do, I'm just the photographer." I look over and make sure that they didn't hear that, and then look back at Kev. I sit up on the shelf-type thing next to the window. I put one leg up and let the other one hang. Kevin climbs up with me.

I start scrolling through my photos. "Can I see watcha got? I haven't really seen them before." He asks.

"Sure." I hand him my camera and he looks through them.

"Wow, these are really good."

I laugh, "Thanks, but they're not great."

"They look like it."

"Thanks." I take my camera back. "I was actually thinking about showing them to Josh Martinez."

"Who is..?"

"He's a professional photographer. He's having like, this thing where you can submit photos and he gives feedback on them. And if he likes them enough, he'll put them in his new gallery."

"That's awesome! Have you told Jug?"

"No." I look over at Jug and Betty, and he hands her some type of card, "He seems kind of busy." I look to the side.

"Hey," Kev whispers. I look up. He mouths, "Are you okay?" I just shrug. He gives me a sympathetic look and mouths, "we'll talk later." I just slightly smile and nod my head and look out the window.

-------------------------
Word Count: 985

A/N: so I really like the idea of Kevin being like (Y/N)'s best friend in this😂 he's just always there for her so idk🤷🏻‍♀️