Chapter 28

*Your POV*
I walk out of the auditorium and find Veronica. I go over to her, "Hey, you were amazing up there!" I say.

"Thanks," she smiles. She looks over to her right, and I do, too. Hermione is with Fred and they're just talking. "Uh, sorry, (Y/N), but I have to go."

"Alright." She walks over to them. I turn around and see Archie and Valerie kissing. Aw, they look good together. I wait until they're done, and she walks away. I go up to him and punch him in the arm. "Nice job out there. You did it."

He laughs, "Thanks."

"Sooo, you and Valerie, huh?" He lightly punches me in the arm. "You guys look good together."

"Thanks."

"Mhm."

I go into the parking lot and drive home. I unlock my door and throw my bag on the couch. I stretch, and go into the kitchen to get something small to eat. I look through the fridge and find an apple and a jar of peanut butter. I cut the apple up and dip it in some peanut butter. Suddenly, I hear my phone go off. I check it and there's a text from Arch.

Archibald Andrewsss: (it's how (Y/N) has him in his contacts because they're good friends, not a spelling error)
Hey, thanks for helping me boost my confidence a little bit.

To Archibald Andrewsss:
No problemo.

Archibald Andrewsss:
One more thing, are you okay? You kind of seemed a little off when, doing that.

Okay, so he actually did notice...

To Archibald Andrewsss:
I'm fine..it's just..can I tell you something that you promise not to tell anyone?

Archibald Andrewsss:
I think..what's wrong?

I think before typing about how I'm going to say this, and if I even should. Well..I already warned him so..here goes nothing.

To Archibald Andrewsss:
Well..is it stupid to feel jealous?

Archibald Andrewsss:
Is this about Jug and Betty?

To Archibald Andrewsss:
Maybe...

Archibald Andrewsss:
Don't worry, I've..kind of been noticing her getting extra close to him too..and I'm really sorry. She shouldn't do that, she's your friend and she knows that you guys are together.

A smile appears on my face. He actually understands...Suddenly, I hear the door open, I look over and it's Jug.

"Hey.." I say. "Where have you been?" I put my phone face down so he doesn't see what Arch sent me.

"With Betty." Those two words stab me right in the chest, but I don't show it. "We went to go find more information about Polly and Jason. And we found this car with all of his-" he stops and looks at me. "Are you okay?"

Dang it, he's suspecting, "Hm? Oh, no, I'm fine. What were you saying?"

He tilts his head, "(Y/N), what's going on?"

I sigh and look down, "It's just...do you ever feel like.." I pause, "like, Betty's trying to get closer to you? Like, more than friends?"

A confused look grows on his face, "What? No, that thought never came to mind."

"Are you sure?" oh my God, (Y/N) shut up before you make things worse... "I mean, all this investigating stuff..it's like she only includes you, and not me. And I try to ignore it but," I pause, "but, Jug I talked to a professional photographer and he loved all my photos that I showed him and he's going to put it in his next album!" I exclaim. I'm glad I finally got that off my chest.

"Wait, what? (Y/N), why didn't you tell me earlier? This is a big deal." He says.

"Well, I didn't tell you, because whenever I tried, Betty was either in the room with us, or that one time she texted you, right when I was going to tell you...I feel like..I don't even know. No, it's fine you know what? It's okay. Just forget it." I start to walk out of the kitchen, but he grabs my arm and I stop.

"(Y/N).." I don't say anything, "Maybe, Betty has feelings for me, but I don't for her. I've noticed too that she doesn't include you in our conversations about this thing with Polly. We were all originally supposed to do it, but I've noticed that you've just been sitting out, and I'm sorry. I should've done something about it." Something about that statement makes me slowly turn around, "(Y/N), I care about you. And I care about her, too, but as a friend. You, are my girlfriend, not her." My eyes start to water and I sniff and rub my nose, and then look back up at him. "You know what? Next time you walk in on us, or Betty texts me, and not you about something with the investigation, I'm bringing you with me, and we're all gonna figure it out together, okay?"

I nod my head, and he pulls me into a hug. "Thank you.." I whisper. "I needed that."

He kisses my head, "You're welcome." We break the hug, "So, tell me more about this photographer."

-------------------------
Word Count: 856

[A/N]: Welp. Glad they made up quickly 😂 also Arch is like another best friend now😂👍