Chapter 33

*Your POV*
I go in to work for a little bit. I go into the kitchen and start the dish washer. I come back out, and Archie, Jug, Veronica, Betty, and someone else are all sitting at the counter. "Hey, guys.."

Betty starts tapping on the table and looks at the door, ignoring me. "The Blossoms should be here soon."

"Hey, (Y/N)." Archie says, and Veronica smiles.

"Oh, this is Polly, Betty's sister." Veronica introduces her.

"Hi." She says.

"Hey, I'm (Y/N)." I lean in just a little bit, "And I'm really sorry about all this crap that you're going through."

She smiles, "Thanks. Me too."

"Once we've talked things through with them, we'll call Mom and Dad." Betty says.

"We'll take a basket of fries." Archie tells me. I nod and go back into the kitchen. "One basket of fries." I tell Thomas, who's at the deep fryer. He doesn't look at me but gives me a thumbs up and starts doing his job. I start cleaning some more dishes just to kill time.

"One basket of fries." He says, I turn around and take them.

"Thanks." I walk out and put them on the counter. The door opens and I see Cheryl come in.

"Cheryl." Polly says and stands up. Cheryl looks at her stomach, and is going to touch it, but pulls away quickly when she's about an inch away. "I'm so sorry about Jason, I know how much you loved him." She takes Cheryl's hand, "He always talked about how much he loved you."

Cheryl looks over at me, and I smile and nod. She looks back down.

"Cheryl, where are your mom and dad?" Betty asks.

"You have to leave. Now." Cheryl says, quickly. "My parents, I don't think they want to help you."

"What are you talking about?" Betty stands up.

"They want you out of the picture, Polly. It's not safe for you with them." She stutters, "It's not safe for JayJay's baby."

Polly looks back at all of us, "Where am I supposed to go? I can't go back in the attic." Wait hold up she lived in an attic?

"No. you don't have to, Polly." Veronica says. "And, and don't' worry about my mom, Betty, she'll want to help."

I just give them a confused look and look over at Jug. He's just as confused as I am.

-------------------------
Word Count: 399