Chapter 54

*Jughead's POV*
She walks up the stairs, and I get back into the car. "What's up?" my dad says.

"Look, I've been thinking." I look up at him, "I mean if it's alright with you," I pause. "I could come back. And I could.." he puts his arm on my shoulder. "I could come back home."

"I'll do you one better. It's time the whole family gets back together. Us, your mom and Jellybean. They've got a sweet set-up in Toledo and-"

"Wait, Toledo?" I interrupt. I look outside, and then back at him. "Well why not Riverdale?"

"Well, 'cause of dinners that we just had, and the way that you're writing in your book. And, you know what happens to people in Riverdale like us, Jug. We get chewed up." He say. I forward, and then out the window, and see (Y/N) standing, looking around.

*Your POV*
He gets out of the car, and comes running up the stairs. "Sorry."

"What was that about?" I ask, as we walk inside and I close my umbrella.

"Oh, nothing. Just had to talk to him about something."

"Is it bad?"

"No. It, actually might be quite good." He smiles.

I grin, "Well that's good." We walk into the gym to see lights shining everywhere in the dark, and music playing.

We link our arms together. "Tonight, after the dance, I'd like to talk to you about something." He says, as we walk around in the gym. "It has to do with my dad."

"Okay. Everything's good, right?"

"Yeah. Yeah, no, things are going great. Better than they've been in a while, it's just, I want to figure something out together."

I nod my head. "Mhm." I look over and see Cheryl. "Oh, God. You think you'll be okay alone here for a second?" I ask.

He chuckles, "I think I'll be fine."

"Okay." I peck his cheek, "I'll be right back." I walk passed him and go over to Cheryl. "Hey, Cheryl."

"Hey, (Y/N)." she gasps and looks at my dress. "Oh, my God you look great."

I laugh, "Thanks. So do you." I say.

"Well duh."

I laugh, again. "Hey, where's Polly?"

She sighs, "She sugar-crashed and canceled at the last minute. Which, basically is why I'm never doing anything nice for anyone ever again."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"It's fine. Now, if you'll excuse me." she walks passed me. Blue Monday by New Order starts playing, and I look around. I see Kevin, and go up to him.

"Hey, Kev. Have you, seen Veronica and Archie anywhere?" right as I say that, they come through the door. "Oh, Nevermind. I see them." I pat his arm, and walk over to them, but I stop when I see them talking to Alice...What the hell? What are they doing? I start to walk over to them, but Mayor McCoy starts talking to me.

I don't even know what she's saying because I'm too focused on Veronica. Alice looks at me, and then Veronica does. She looks back at Alice, and then walks to the right. I look to where she's walking and see Archie and Jug talking.

"So, will you do it?" Mayor McCoy asks.

"S-Sorry, what?"

"Will you walk me up to the stage?"

"Oh, sorry, but, Weatherbee, would you do the honors? I have to go." I walk passed them and go over to the others. "Where were you guys?" I ask. Jug looks at me confused.

They don't say anything for a second and then Archie talks. "We stopped, we stopped at Pop's."

"Okay, and why were you just talking to Alice?" I cross my arms.

"(Y/N).." Veronica says.

"Guys, can we like, table this? Veronica and I gotta go get ready to sing." Archie says, and walks away. Veronica follows. I just watch them leave. Jug puts his arm around me.

"Friends, students, and alumni." Mayor McCoy starts, "I hope you brought your dancing shoes, because Riverdale's Archie Andrews and Veronica Lodge have come to sing for us." She steps off and everyone starts clapping. I snap out of it and start clapping, along with Jug.

Archie and Veronica both get up onto the stage and music starts playing. They start singing. People shine their phone flash lights in the air. They stop when some lights turn back on and they start singing more. A little while into the song, I see Cheryl run off. Wait, is she jealous of them? Wow.

Soon, the song ends and I walk out into the hall, expecting them to follow me.

-------------------------
Word Count: 767