Chapter 61

*Your POV*
We get to Archie's garage, and Jug lays Jason's coat out for everyone to see.

"This is how we're supposed to help FP?" Archie asks.

"I don't know. Looks more like incriminating evidence to me.." Kevin says.

"It only proves that my dad torched the getaway car." Jug says.

"And, that..his confession was true." Kevin looks over at me, and I just stare at the jacket.

"But why would FP think that his jacket's dangerous? What would that even mean?" Betty asks.

"You can ask my father." We all turn around and see Veronica walking in, "Because he definitely has proof of hiring a Serpent to kill Jason. Which means..." she looks over at Jug, "your dad pulled the trigger. I'm sorry."

He just nods his head. No one says anything for a little bit. And then I finally talk, "No. No, I'm not giving up yet." I pick up the jacket and turn to Archie. "Put this on." I throw the jacket over his shoulders.

"What?" he asks.

"Put it on." I nod my head, and he finally puts it on.

"(Y/N), this is weird."

I feel around the ends of the jacket, trying to find something. But I don't know what. I put my hands in each of the pockets, and everyone just stares at me. I feel a hole...

"There's a hole in the pocket." I say.

"Okay, now we're just grasping at straws." Kevin says.

"No, I don't know about you guys, but whenever I have a hole in my pocket," I continue to feel around for something, "I always lose my chap stick, and it ends up in the-" I stop, and I actually feel something. "Hold on.." I pull it out, to reveal a thumb drive. I hold it up.

"What the hell?" Veronica asks. Archie takes it.

Kevin scoffs, "Nancy Drew strikes again." He nods his head.

"Okay, well let's see what's on this thing." Betty says.

She takes it, and walks over to Jug's computer, and we all follow. She plugs it in, and only one thing pops up. A video. She looks at me, and I nod. She opens the video.

We see Jason, tied up to a chair, being pushed around, yelled at, by a Serpent. He leaves, and then the least expected person comes in. Clifford Blossom.

"Oh, my God." Veronica says.

I just keep staring at the screen. He goes over to Jason, and takes a ring out of his pocket. He walks away, Jason still trying to break free. All of  a sudden, he turns around, pulls out a gun, and shoots his son.

Everyone gasps, except me. I'm still staring at the screen. I look over at Betty, and a tear rolls down her cheek. Meanwhile, on the other hand, Veronica's balling.

I can't believe this. Clifford Blossom killing his own son? Betty quickly closes the laptop, and buries her face in her hands. I slowly stand up, and pull out my phone.

"(Y/N)?" Jug asks. I ignore him.

"(Y/N), who are you calling?" Archie asks. I ignore him, too.

I dial Cheryl's number. It rings a couple times, and then she answers it.

"Hello?" she asks.

"Cheryl, you need to get out of that house. Listen to me."

"Listening."

I take a deep breathe and nod, even though I know that she can't see me. "Okay look, there is no easy way for me to say this, but your father, killed your brother. I'm so sorry, Cheryl, but you have to leave." I say.

"I understand. Thank you." Her voice barely breaks, and she hangs up.

-------------------------
Word Count: 607