Chapter 64

*Your POV*
I wake up to my alarm blaring at me. I sit up, and stretch. I go into the kitchen and eat an apple. I come back out and get changed. I walk to school. I see Betty and Archie, and I go up to them. "Hey guys." I say.

"Hey, (Y/N)." Archie says.

"Hey." Betty says. "It's so weird."

"What?" I ask.

"My family. They're acting like everything is normal, and that the last week and few months didn't even happen. Polly and my dad are both back home, and my mom's at the register. They all just keep smiling, and talking about the Jubilee."

"What's the Jubilee?" I ask.

"It's this event that's celebrating 75 years of Riverdale, or whatever." Archie says.

"Oh. But, that's good right?"

"No, it's horrible. It's exactly how things were before, and everyone's pretending to be normal. And perfect. When really, we're like a Greek suburban tragedy."

Archie and I chuckle, but Betty just stares at us. I cough, "Sorry."

We walk into the school, and I see Kevin. I go up to him. "Hey." I say.

"Hey (Y/N)." he closes his locker.

"How you holding up? From, seeing the video I mean."

"I'm doing alright. But how's Jug? And where did you guys go off to?"

"He's doing fine. And, we went to the police station so he could talk to your dad. Did he get Clifford?"

"Well, not exactly."

"What does that mean?"

"He, hung himself." My eyes widen, "In the barn. He was too scared to face the fact that he killed his son."

"Damn.."

The inner come beeps, "Archie Andrews, Betty Cooper, to the principle's office."

"Wonder what they want." I say.

He just shrugs, and we walk to our first period.

~

"So, what did they want with you guys in the office?" I ask Archie and Betty at lunch.

Archie sighs, "Mayor McCoy wants me to play with the Pussycats, and Betty,"

"To do a speech, about how great Riverdale is." She finishes.

"And, what did you say?" Jug asks.

"I told her that I wouldn't do it. Not unless you're with us, Jug."

He sighs, "Look, I appreciate the righteous indigestion Betty, I do. But, Jubilee's are not my thing."

"Jug, how's your dad? What's the latest?" Archie asks.

"Mayor McCoy wants him to name names for a lesser sentence."

"What? Who's names?" Betty asks.

"The Serpents. Keller thinks they're the ones who gave Clifford the drugs that he brought into town."

"My dad says that more and more drugs are hitting the streets." Kevin says.

"It's okay, relax. My dad says that they're not the ones dealing."

"And meanwhile, Mayor McCoy hasn't even said the words, 'Clifford' or 'Blossom' in public." Betty says.

"Yeah, it seems like it's all about the Serpents and how they're the big problem." I say.

Archie nods. "This is outrageous."

"I'm writing an article about this, not for the Blue and Gold, but for the register. This is a town story." Betty says.

"Okay..just as long as the article doesn't include my dad." Jug says.

"No, it's going to include your dad, Jug." Betty says, and he looks down. "It doesn't even matter how many Jubilees McCoy throws. The town has changed, and everyone needs to know that. Why are people so afraid of the truth?"

"Speaking...of the truth.." Veronica starts, and slowly stands up. We all just look at her, confused, except for Archie, that's quickly shaking his head at her. "Archie and I wanted to tell you.."

"We've...kissed a couple times." Archie says.

"Called it." I say, taking a bite of my salad, earning a chuckle from Kevin and Jug.

"It's okay, guys." Betty nods her head. Veronica sits back down. "I appreciate you being honest with me, I do. But, I'm over Archie now. If you guys want to be together, I'm happy for you."

"Thanks, B." Veronica says.

"Thanks, Betty." Archie says.

She smiles, and goes back to eating.

-------------------------
Word Count: 904