Chapter 70

*Your POV*
I smile and walk out the door, to my car. I get in, and drive to my apartment. I get changed out of my snowy clothes, and put on a pair of jeans, a t-shirt, and a jacket. I let my (H/L) (H/C) down, and grab my phone. I go back into my car, and pick up Jug from his trailer. We both drive to the Jubilee.

We walk in, and the room is filled with people talking, and laughing. We both sit down in two empty seats. I turn and look at Jug, "You upset that you won't be up there with them?" I ask.

"Nah. I don't do those things." He says, and laughs.

"Alright. Just makin sure." I laugh. The lights dim down, and Mayor McCoy comes up to the stage.

"Welcome, one and all, to Riverdale's 75th anniversary Jubilee celebration!" everyone cheers, "I can't wait to introduce my daughter, Josie, and her Pussycats, as they play alongside one of our heroes, Archie Andrews!" she says, and everyone cheers, again, as she walks off the stage, and Archie and Josie walk on.

"Hi, hi everyone. We're switching things up tonight. We are, singing a song that my boy Archie Andrews wrote." Josie nods, and walks to the side. Valerie starts playing the keyboard.
'
"Here we go.." they finish the song with that line after about 5 minutes, and everyone starts clapping, and they all walk off the stage.

Betty comes on, next. "Here we go." I quietly say, and Jug looks over to me, and then back at her.

She clears her throat, "Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. I'd, firstly like to thank Mayor McCoy for letting me speak on this historic days. 75 years of Riverdale. Wow. But what is Riverdale? It's all the people, right? You, me, our friends, and neighbors."

She pauses for a second, "Riverdale, is Archie Andrews." A couple people start whooping, "Kevin Keller, is Riverdale. (Y/N) (L/N) is Riverdale. Veronica Lodge, she's Riverdale, too. But you know who else is Riverdale? FP Jones." Those words made Jug straighten up a little bit, "Who we're blaming, so quick for Jason Blossom's murder." Everyone looks around at each other, muttering.

"Jughead Jones, is Riverdale." She continues, and I look over at him, and he looks down. "He's the very soul. Without him, we may not have ever found out that Clifford Blossom killed his own son. And how do we thank him? By banishing him. This is what we do, when the truth gets too ugly in Riverdale. Riverdale has crossroads, and if we don't face the reality of who and what we are. Lying, keeping secrets from each other, something like what happened to Jason Blossom, could happen again. God forbid, something even worse. Riverdale must to better. We, must do better." She stops, and steps back.

No one claps for a couple seconds, but then I realize that she's done, and shoot up and start clapping. Kevin joins me. Soon, everyone starts clapping, standing up, and cheering. She grins, and her eyes are watery. After a few minutes, everyone stops, and heads into the hall. I go up onto the stage, and hug Betty.

"B, that was amazing." I say.

"Really, good Betty." Kevin says.

"Thank you guys." She says.

Archie and Veronica come out and hug her, too. "Wanna go to Pop's?" Archie asks.

"Definitely." Betty says.

"I can't. Gotta go with my dad." Kevin says.

"Aw, okay Kev." I say. "I'll see you later."

"Yep."

We all walk out and go to Pop's. We sit down in a booth, Archie, Veronica, and Betty across from Jug and I. I order a chocolate milkshake, and a basket of fries.

"To Archie Andrews, who saved the cheerleader, and the town." Veronica raises her glass.

"You know, I actually think it was Betty's speech." He says.

We all smile at her. "Here, here to Betty Cooper!" Veronica says. And we all raise our glasses.

"Cheers." We all say.

Jug puts his arm around me, and I lean back. We all just laugh about funny stories, and how great this week has been. How we've all stuck together.

"Okay, Betty, you're probably gonna think that I'm annoying for saying this," I laugh, and she does, too. "but your speech was really good." She smiles, "You should like, seriously be a motivational speaker."

"Yeah, I can barely say anything to make someone feel better." Veronica says, and we all laugh.

"Thank you, (Y/N). Thanks to all you guys." Betty laughs, and I smile.

-------------------------
Word Count: 767