Chapter Thirty

Hours had turned into days and I still hadn't left the room since arriving back home. I had completely lost my appetite and given up on the torturous life that I had the joy of living..

Knock, knock.

Heavy knocks, brought my attention to the door. I knew it wasn't my parents because they hadn't been knocking with that much aggression these past few days.

It could only be one person. Sarah.

I knew my bestfriend wouldn't let go until she was in here with me sorting out my problems. So with heavy feet, I hopped off the bed and towards the entry.

To no surprise, I opened the door and came to face her.

"Why on earth aren't you answering my calls?" She demanded. "I'VE BEEN CALLING FOR 4 DAYS NOW!"

I looked down. Now wasn't the time for argument.

A couple of tears slipped down my cheek when I looked up and into my best friend's worrying eyes.

I paced back to the bed when Sarah closed the door behind.

"Ky -- what's wrong?"

"Everything Sar, everything".

She jumped beside me on the bed and wrapped her arms around me.

"I'm here if you want to talk?" She soothed.

"I'm in trouble" I paused, keeping the tears at bay. "I only told you a snippet of what has been going on"

"Tell me everything from the beginning -- I don't need to be anywhere Ky, I'm all yours".

I took a deep breath. My best friend was always good at listening to my problems. I don't know why she puts up with me.

"Jacob, my ex, has been threatening my family and I--I had a run in with him and Claire at the ball. He won't stop until he has me back. I can't go back Sarah, he's psychotic" I breathed out. "

Sarah looked shocked.

"I won't let Jacob anywhere near you. Have you called the police Ky? Hes a psychopath!"

"I haven't, I can't have the police involved. He knows too many people and officers" I sighed disappointed.

"We will figure something out" she eyed me skeptically. "Is their something else you need to tell me? You haven't been to work, Marcus has been acting out of character. Did something happen between you both?"

"I think I'm in love with Marcus, I like him alot. Though he doesn't see me as anything more than an employee". I huffed.

"That's not tr--". Before she could finish her sentence, a soft knock echoed throughout the room.

Sar and I looked at each other in question before we both hopped up to retrieve the door.

"I'll catch up with you later. Be kind, we are all worried" she spoke over her shoulder, before directing her attention back and out of the door.

"Ky" my mother whispered, tears brimming her eyes. "I didn't mean to eavesdrop but I heard the whole thing".

I decided it is probably time to open up to my parents and let them in on my hell.

"I'm sorry mum and dad. I didn't mean to keep this all away from you both. I just can't have you involved -- Jacob is a very dangerous person".

"And so are we when our kids lives are in danger" my dad replied, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. "We will do anything and everything to keep you and our family safe -- Trust me Ky".

"It's difficult.. he knows alot of people. Im afraid he won't give up until I'm back with him". I spoke, unable to look them in the eye.

My mother sat down on the other side of me and slipped her arm around my other shoulder. "Don't ever feel like you need to keep anything from us. We will do everything in our power to keep you safe. We will all go for a holiday at your aunt's house in Florida until we figure out a plan. Just give me a couple of days to organise some time off work and flight arrangements".

I smiled, thankful I had my parents protection.