iv. trick or treat

CHAPTER FOUR:TRICK OR TREAT

CHAPTER FOUR:
TRICK OR TREAT

■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■

LIZ PUT THE finishing touches on her blood red lipstick. She glances at herself in the mirror and takes in her appearance. She was wearing a black t-shirt with rips on it, and frayed hem, black jeans that she put holes in, and her black converse. She smiles at her appearance, and exits her bathroom.

Liz grabs her plastic, orange pumpkin from her bed, and skips down the stairs. Steve was gonna drive her over to Mike's house to meet the boys since she didn't want to walk. He had to pick up Nancy for a party anyways, so he didn't mind.

"Ready?" Steve questions once he hears Liz skip down the stairs. He looks at his sister, and his eyes widen, "What are you wearing?"

"Clothes...?" She answers, confused at his question.

   "Revealing clothes." Steve corrects, his hand on his hip, making Liz chuckle at his mom stance.

   "They just have a few rips in them Steve." Liz sighs, rolling her eyes. "I'm a vampire, it's expected."

"Well, you can be an appropriately dressed vampire." Steve says, gesturing to her outfit. Liz laughs, and just grabs his keys from the table. "Come on, you promised you would drive me!"

"And I'm keeping that promise!" Steve yells back, running out the door once he realizes that Liz could actually just drive off if he doesn't get out to the car in time. His thoughts are correct once he sees her backing out the driveway. "Elizabeth!" She puts her foot on the break and looks over to her brother who has his hands up in the air. "You're fourteen, what the hell!"

   Liz chuckles and puts the car in park before stepping out of the drivers seat, "You weren't coming fast enough."

   Steve rolls his eyes, and gets into the car, putting it into drive, and driving off down the street. Liz switches on the radio and turns it up louder while Steve turns it down, causing the two siblings to change the volume of the music every five seconds. This always happened whenever they're in the same car together.

   Steve pulled up to the Wheeler's residence and Liz saw that the boys were already there waiting for her. Steve smiled at her as her eyes lit up seeing her friends. They both got out of the car, and Steve handed her his leather jacket, making her furrow her brows in confusion, "It's gonna be cold tonight. Just take it, please?"

   Liz rolled her eyes, but took the jacket and put it on. She waved goodbye to him as he headed to the Wheeler's front door to get Nancy. Liz walked over to the boys, and their eyes widened once they saw her. Dustin was the first to speak, "Woah."