twenty-one - blake morgan

(a/n: in this chapter i will be adding in a new character that is now on the character list. he will be played by finn wolfhard)

noel

I fell asleep on the Gallagher's couch, hanging out with Lip. At some point in the night, he must've carried me upstairs and layed me down on Carl's bed because I have no clue how the fuck I got here.

When I woke up, I jogged downstairs and checked to see if Carl had gotten home yet. There was no one in the living room or the kitchen. With a sigh, I put my shoes and coat on and headed outside. Right as I stepped on the front porch, I was greeted by Lip walking up the front steps.

"Oh, hey Lip," I said. "I was just heading home."

"So soon," he asked, lighting a cigarette and sitting back down on the top step.

"Yeah, I need to shower and I have a load of homeowork to do," I stated.

"Well, if you were looking for Carl, you just missed him," Lip said.

"Wait, what," I walked down the the bottom step and over to the fence. Looking left and right down the street, I didn't see anything but houses and cars. "Where'd he go?"

"No clue. He came back home to grab something and then left again," he told me.

"Shit," I whispered. "I haven't seen or talked to him in almost 3 days. I wish he wouldn't push me away like this." I walked back up the steps and sat down next to Lip.

"Maybe he just needs time alone, to think and shit," Lip said, taking a drag of his cigarette.

"I just don't want him to do something stupid just because he lost Nick. I remember when Mike died, all I needed was comfort. I didn't want to talk about it, but I knew that's what I needed," I stated.

"El, guys deal with things a lot more different than how girls deals with things," he told me. "We wanna break stuff and hurt others. We don't think about comfort, just pain."

"Why? That just makes the situation worse," I said, looking down at my cold hands.

"Because we're guys, we don't think with our heads, we think with our stomaches. We hate showing any emotions other than anger." He took a long pause, taking another drag from the cancer stick he held between his lips.

"Boys are stupid," I admitted. Lip took a long look at me before wrapping an arm around me and pulling me to his side. I rested my head on his shoulder and wrapped both of my arms around him.

"Yes we are," he agreed.

•••

I walked into Patsy's, hoping to get my mind off of Carl. I saw Fiona working behind the bar and I waved. She waved back and patted a seat at the bar for me to sit at. I sat down in the seat as she handed me a menu.

"Here, figure out want you want and I'll be right back," she sent me a warm smile before walking off with a pot of coffee in her hand.

I began looking through the menu, even though I already knew what I wanted; a vanilla shake and fries.

"Hey, do you know if the peach cobbler is any good here," I heard a young voice beside me ask. I turned my head to the right and was met with the face a boy no younger than me.

He had very dark, messy, curly hair. His eyes were a beautiful shade of dark brown and he had the face of someone who could be famous.