Part 29

~~~ Dancing Queens ~~~

It was the night of Charlie and Ben's dancing recital. The tiny Jauregui had her solo performance and several other dances along with Ben. This was Ben's first show and he was super nervous. Obviously because he was a boy he had to be in a different changing room from the girls which he understood but he hated it because he was the only boy so he couldn't talk to anyone before the show and he wanted to talk to Charlie because he knew she would be able to help him get over his nerves. He was a little surprised to see Toby standing by his dressing room door 20 minutes before curtain call though.

"Hey man how ya feeling?" Toby asked as he took a seat on the small couch.

"I'm good…fine…good." He nodded, clearly not any of those things.

"Sure about that buddy?" He smirked.

"Yep." He replied with a small uncertain smile.

"You'll do fine don't worry about it and if you get nervous just picture the audience in their underwear." Toby suggested.

Ben nodded then looked horrified.

"My moms are in the audience! I don't want to picture them in their underwear! Or Rosie!" He replied.

Toby just laughed.

"That is a good point…ok just picture everyone else in their underwear."

"Even the boys?" He asked a little unsure.

"Hmm…probably not…but then if you picture just the girls that might get too distracting." Toby mused.

"How about I just don't picture anyone in their underwear?"

Toby just nodded in agreement.

"Probably a wise decision." He then added.

As we have noticed throughout Charlie is a mini-Camila in looks and in talent and their personalities…so it should surprise no one that Charlie was also like her Mama when it comes to being a complete diva. Her parents had noticed she has had fewer diva moments since she and Ben have been performing together, they had come to the conclusion that Ben mellowed Charlie out a bit while Charlie brought Ben out of his shell. They were totally different but that's why their friendship worked. But because Ben had to be in the boys changing room and Charlie had to share with the girls this means Ben wasn't there to calm Charlie down.

She was currently freaking out about her hair not being perfect and that there aren't enough water bottles in her dressing room and Camila was having a hard time trying to calm her daughter down. Now you would think that Camila would have no problem dealing with her diva tantrums because she has had so many of her own. But therein lies the problem: Camila knew how to be a diva…she just didn't know how to deal with them without being a diva herself and that wouldn't work with her own child it would just make things worse.

Not getting anywhere with Charlie Camila ran out of the changing room and grabbed Lauren for back up. Lauren on the other hand has had plenty of experience in calming down a diva because well…she was married to one. Charlie was cake compared to some of the tantrums Camila used to pull when she was performing. It just hit Lauren that with Camila getting back on the stage she would now have to deal with two high maintenance divas…poor woman.

Like a pro Lauren waltzed into the changing room and in five minutes Charlie had calmed down and was her happy self again. Camila stood there in awe at what Lauren just did. She even got Charlie to apologise to the other girls for her behaviour and apologise to Camila as well.

"H-How?" Camila asked when Lauren came up to her.

"It's a gift." Lauren shrugged.

"But…"