Chapter 24

Engulfing her in a tight hug, I channeled the happiness I was feeling for her. “I knew he was going to do it. He asked me first.”

“He did? That man.. he’s just so amazing.” she pulled back smiling.

“Congratulations nana!!” everyone else chimed in

“Thank you. I expect everyone to be there. Girls, needless to say you’ll be my bridesmaids. My darling daughter will be my Maid of Honor.” she gushed.

“Really?!!” I squealed. I loved how she said I was her daughter. She’s always treated me like one. 

“Of course honey. I wouldn’t want anyone else. As for you boys—“ she pointed to Ryan and Talen.

“Both of you will be the groom’s men. Richard has only one son and so he’s going to be the man of honour. Kat, you and him will be in correspondence a lot. Before you say anything else, Richard and his son are making their way up already.” she grinned.

“Maybe his son is as hot as him.” Bree whispered not softly enough making everyone but Talen laugh.

“Yea, then you can shack it up with him, eh Kat?” Ryan wiggled his eye brows.

In came Richard and his son who’s looks made the girls, Jon and my mouth drop. “I guess Rosa told you all the good news.” he smiled putting his hand around her waist.

“Who would have the right mind to say no to that rock.” Jon said sassily making us laugh.

“This is my son, Ryder.” he introduced the delectable brown haired man.

“Hello everybody.” he said in a thick British accent.

WHOAAAAAA. Jon gripped my hand tightly and I did his. We were both holding ourselves back from jumping him. I could tell the girls were feeling the same way as well.

“You’re from the U.K?” Talen asked sound peeved.

“Yea, I’ve been studying there for over 7 years. I just got back this year.” he flashed a smile.

“He’s just finished his Masters in Engineering.” Richard said proudly.

“Not as great as these two guys. I read about your heroic duties. What you have done is nothing compared to me.” he shook Talen and Ryan’s hand.

“Honey, could I talk to you for a moment?” nana pulled me aside.

“What’s up nana.” I asked.. even though I had a rough idea of what was about to be said.

“Richard… wants  me to move in with him. I want you to come along with me. Or he could move in here. Whichever that suits you.” she looked hopeful.

“I’m sorry nan. I … I can’t do that. You go on and move in with him. I’ll be fine alone.” my lips quivered a little.

She began tearing up also “ You know I can’t do that. I don’t want to do that.”

“It’s time I grew up. You’re about to begin a new chapter of your life. I don’t want to be a burden.”

“A burden? Is that what you think you are?” she raised her voice. Something that she’s never done since the day she yelled at my father.

“But na-“

“Don’t but nana me. Do you think I took you in because you were a burden? All these times, is that what was running through your mind? I am so disappointed at you Katerina.” she continued yelling at me.

“Listen nana. Just— listen. What i’m saying is, I want to try to find someone on my own too. I love you for everything you’ve done for me. Even though I’m going to miss you so much, I am happy at the same time.”