5

THE TEAM was waiting downstairs for Amara, who was getting ready.

Since she was young and unmarried, she had to wear a red sahari. The only red sahari she owned had silver on it.

"Fuck it." She said and put it on.

As she went down the stairs, Arthur immediately looked up at her.

Her long, black hair was in a braid. She also wore red matte lipstick.

The rest of the team looked at her too. All the men were wearing suits, while Diana wore a red sahari as well.

"This is ridiculous, they didn't get to see me with my first boyfriend." She said. "They can't be dead."

"What? You've never had a boyfriend?" Bruce asks, with a laugh.

"Never. They wouldn't let me."

"We should go." Victor says.

The whole team nods, and they're out the door.

As the team is walking to the temple, they have small conversation.

"It's not fair. Everyone I've ever loved is dead." Amara complains.

"We've all lost someone. You're not the only one." Clark replies.

"I lost my parents." Bruce says.

"I lost my mom." Victor states.

"I lost my mom too." Barry comments. "My dad is in prison."

"I lost the man I love." Diana replies.

"My mom is dead." Arthur said, looking at Amara.

"I lost my father." Clark says again. "Also my kryptonian parents."

This was a complete pity party.

"Okay, I get it. You've all lost someone, but I have NO ONE. That's what you all fail to understand."

"No, that's where you're wrong." Bruce says. "You have us. And we're not going anywhere."

"T-Thank you." She stutters and surprisingly, Bruce hugged her.

The seven walk into the temple, and they all sit in the front; except for Amara.

Amara walks to where the priest was, the altar.

"You will speak first." He told her and handed her a microphone.

First, she cleared her throat and then began to speak.

Next to her, was an interpreter, who would translate in Hindu for the rest.

"I'm not good at speeches." She said, and the crowd laughed. "But this is for Vivaan and Eva Subram, my adoptive parents."

She continued on.
"One of my first memories with my father, Vivaan, was him teaching me how to walk. I was born with leg problems, so it was a challenge for me to walk. I felt so secure in his arms, and that's one of the reasons why it was hard for me to walk. I didn't want to let go. I couldn't. And I let go to quickly, I shouldn't have. Now, Vivaan Subram, the rays of the sun, is gone. I will always love him. He told me this once, when I was getting bullied at school, 'Show them no fear; for one day, you'd be taking everyone's fear and replacing it with hope and dreams.'"

Tears streamed onto her face, but she continued on. She was now talking about her mother.

"Eva means living. This makes me want to punch a wall because, people aren't meant to live long enough to have a name; that means living. One of the things that my mind doesn't comprehend right now is that she's dead. I still think she's going to walk through those doors and make me pray to Brahma on my knees. But she's not here anymore. I remember at my 16th birthday party, she told me something I will never forget. She told me, 'You were a princess, but now you're a queen. You will rule over the just and the good.' I never understood what that meant. I don't think I'll ever understand. My mom always referred to me as royalty. She was told me that I would do great things, save people, and spread love and hope. It saddens me to know that she isn't going to be here, to see me give that love and hope. Rest In Peace, Vivaan Sai Subram and Eva Michelle Subram."

Amara walked off the stage, and then they played "My Michelle" by the Beatles; the Subram's wedding song. The young girl stood in between Arthur, to her left, and Diana to her right.

Once the song finished, everyone sat down and the priest talked about stuff that bored Amara. Mostly religious things—Hinduism and the after life.

Even though Amara grew up a Hindu, she now didn't believe in Hinduism. She thought it was ridiculous, especially the caste system.

About an hour later, the funeral ended. Everyone left the temple except for Amara and her team.

"Go. Scatter their ashes in a place of importance." The main priest, Krishna, told Amara, and he handed her two jars.

"Oh my god, I'm holding my parents burnt bodies in here." She said, as they walked out.

Bruce's jet was in the air, waiting for the whole team. A ladder extended, and they all climbed it to get inside the jet.

Once the seven were inside the jet, Bruce asked Amara, "Where to?"

"To the Kaveri River. Where my parents got married." She replied.

~

"Just a couple more minutes and you're there." Alfred said through the monitor.

"Alright. Thanks, Alfred." Bruce replied.

"By the way, Ms. Subram, I'm deeply sorry for your loss." Alfred told Amara.

"Thank you."

"It's beautiful." Diana said, looking out the window.

"It really is." Amara said.

The time was around sunset, so you could see the colors of the sky; reflecting onto the water.

Bruce parked the jet right in front of the river, and they all got out.

Amara stood in front of the river and just stared at it for a couple seconds.

She then opened the first jar, which contained her father's ashes, Vivaan.

"I will never forget you, pita. Because of you, I will take people's fears and replace them with hope and love."

She sprinkled the ashes on the water, and watched them slowly fade into the river.

Amara ran to the other side of the river, and as she was running; she threw the ashes into the water.

"I love you, mommy. Thank you for raising me to be bold and fierce. I will always think of you."