❦ Chapter One ❦

❦ Chapter One ❦

I opened my eyes to find myself in a pale blue room on a white bed with thin sheets. I blinked a couple of times, my eyes adjusting to the bright light.

A throbbing pain in my temple made me lift up my hand and press it to my head, when I felt a bandage wrapped securely around it. I spotted some sort of machine next to my bed and various wires were stuck into my arm.

I quickly sat up. Where was I? I thought back to see if I could remember anything, but nothing came to me. Just darkness. Quick pants took over my calm breaths. Where am I? A single thought blocked out everything else. Who was I? This made me panic even more as I ripped the wires and tubes out of my arm and swung my legs over the bed.

I stood up too quickly, getting a bad case of head rush and worsening the throbbing in my temple.

I looked down to see I was covered in a white and blue patterned gown. Stumbling over to the door, I yanked it open. A couple of people passing by gave me weird looks as I gave them a panicked one.

I slipped down the hall, my eyes darting to everything around me. What had happened to me, and why couldn't I remember who I was? As I came across another door, I heard voices talking rather loudly behind it. I couldn't help but put my ear next to the wood, to see if I could catch anything they were saying.

"Where exactly did you find her again?" I heard a woman's voice ask.

"The edge of the Reserve. One of my deputy's found her. They thought that it was Lydia." A mans' voice responded to her. The voice sounded slightly familiar.

"You still haven't found her either?" The same woman questioned.

I imagined a man shaking his head. "It was like we said... she just vanished, without putting her clothes on." So a girl is running around naked... what is with this place?

"And this girl you brought in. No one recognizes her?"

"I don't thinks she's ever been in Beacon Hills before. You think she has amnesia?"

"From what you've told me, and by the bashing of some form of rock to her temple I wouldn't be surprised. If it's temporary or permanent, I have no idea." The woman said. Everything was quiet for a moment.

"Some of the doctors are thinking of sending her to the Eichen House." She said softly. A what-what house?

"Are you serious? Why would they send her there?" He asked her.

The sounded of papers ruffling floated through the door. "To be honest, I don't know. But where else is she going to go?"

They were silent, and I put my ear closer to the wood to see if I was missing anything. "With me. She can stay with me." The man finally said.

"Would Stiles be okay with that?" She questioned.

"He's going to have to be," he said. The door suddenly opened and I fell, falling onto my backside. I winced at the pain and looked up to see a familiar man and youngish looking woman. The man cracked a smile at me. "Well, what have we got here?"

He held out a hand for me which I cautiously grabbed while he pulled my up to my feet. "How are you feeling?" The woman next to him asked. I cocked my head. Who was this woman?

"Oh, I'm so sorry dear. My name is Melissa McCall, I'm one of you're nurses. Though in your case you can just call me Melissa." She smiled warmly at me. As scared as I was before, this woman smiling at me made me feel a bit better inside, making me give her a small smile back.

"And I'm Sheriff Stilinski, but you can just call me Mr Stilinski," Mr Stilinski said. I nodded, and looked around the place.

"Where am I?" I asked them quietly. The look on Melissa's face faltered, almost pitying. "You're at the hospital hun. The Sheriff found you just on the border of town." She answered me.

I turned to Mr Stilinski, "it was you who found me?" I asked. I knew something about him was familiar. The familiarity made me feel more comfortable around them. Something occurred to me. "Do you know who my parents are, or where they are?"

The Sheriff looked down. "No. No ones ever even see you around before."

Tears came to my eyes. It felt like all this weight just came crashing down on me. "If you don't know who I am and if I've never been here before, why am I here?" I asked them.

Mr. Stilinski looked at me, "that's what we've been trying to figure out, among some other things."

"What other things?"

"Nothing that you need to be concerned about."

"Am I going to stay here until I get my memory back?" I asked them drying my eyes with the back of my hand.

"Actually, no. Melissa and I were thinking that you could stay with me until we can find out where your family is. How does that sound to you?" He asked me. I thought about it for a moment. He was the man I was most familiar with, and I think I need that at the moment. I took a deep breath and nodded.

"I think I could do that." I said to them.

After that conversation, I was soon discharged and given some medication for my head injury. Apparently I was expected to get awful headaches. "Promise me you'll get Sheriff Stilinski to drive you right back here if you have any head problems or if you remember anything from your past, alright sweetie?" Melissa told me, helping me into Mr Stilinski's car.

I smiled at her, "I will, thank you." She smiled at me one last time before shutting the passenger door. Melissa said a few more words to the Sheriff before he got into the drivers seat and started up the car.

The car ride was silent until I spoke up. "So do you, er- do you live alone?" I asked. Mr Stilinski shook his head.

"No, I have a son. I'm guessing you're around his age." He told me. The fact he had a son made me feel a little nervous. The thought of other people made me a bit skittish.

"And a wife?" A distant look came over his face. It was full of sadness and lost. I felt a pang of different emotions stabbing at my heart.

"She, um, passed away a couple of years ago." He answered. A rush of guilt came over me.

"I'm so sorry," I rushed out, "I had no idea-"

"I know," he cut me of. "I've gotten used to her being gone, but I haven't at the same time.. you know?"

I cracked a smile, "I wish, but I can't exactly remember what I've been through, so I'm completely clueless."

He laughed, breaking the sudden tension. "I get you." We pulled up in front of a two-story white house. "Home sweet home," he said before opening his door and getting out. I turned to open my own door but Mr Stilinski was already there, opening it for me. I thanked him and wrapped my arms around my body, clutching the hospital gown I was still wearing closer to myself.

Mr Stilinski wrapped an arm around my shoulder and walked us up to the front door, getting out some keys and unlocking it. He pulled me through the doorway and led me to a cozy looking living room. He took one look at my hospital clothes and grimaced. "I'm going to go get you some clothes. Make yourself at home," he gestured to the couch and disappeared upstairs.

I walked over to the couch and sat down, leaning against the soft cushions. Exhaustion took over my mind and body, making my eyes flutter shut as sleep overwhelmed me.

Surprise update. Be satisfied for at least a week or two, I've got lots of assignments I need to catch up on.

Dedicated to the person who inspired me to start a teen wolf fanfiction >> @effulgent_

So tell me what you think? I love the bond her and Sheriff Stilinski have already started to make! :)

Vote and comment. >> ADD TO YOUR READING LIST! Did you check out the trailer in the prologue? If not, it's to the side!

~ SaskiaRose xxo