Bad News

Samuels P.O.V

The doctors took Sonia into the emergency room about an hour ago. A woman in a doctor's uniform around her forties came up to me looking concerned. "Mr. Blossom, your wife seems to have poison in her system. She's lucky you brought her here in time. We managed to take the poison out of her system she's stable now" I sigh in relief. She was fine. "I'm sorry Mr. Blossom but we could save your child, the poison had affected the child's heart, we could save her but the child's heart had stopped." 

When she said that I held onto the wall for support "She was pregnant?"

"Your wife was about three weeks along, I'm sorry Mr. Blossom I have to see my next patient if you'd excuse me, you may go in and see her" The doctor walks away and I sit down to process what I had heard, she was pregnant with our baby and now its... Did she know? This is all my fault. I wasn't there for her when she needed me most. I know she would never harm our child so how the hell did she have poison in her system. If this has to do anything with my mission-rage rushed through me. Someone wanted to harm Sonia.

I got up and walked into the room. She was laying there peacefully. I went over to her and sat beside her. I reached to touch her soft warm face. She's beautiful and amazing she would've been an amazing mother to our child. I love her.

I love her... I mentally repeat.

"I'm in love with you Sonia Blossom, you mean the world to me, I'll never let anything harm you ever again, I will protect you with all my life" I whisper then lightly kiss her soft lips. Her eyes open and tears slide down her eyes.

Sonias P.O.V

"I'm in love with you Sonia Blossom, you mean the world to me, I'll never let anything harm you, I will protect you with all my life" I hear Samuel's voice before waking up. A tear slide down my face, he loves me.

I slightly get up and put my hands on his face then pull him closer "I love you too" I say then peck him on the lips. I rest my head on his forehead so our noses are touching.

"I'm so sorry Sonia..." he stops then looks at me his eyes are red and puffy like he's been crying.

"I forgive you," I say and he still looked unsettled "What's wrong?" I back away confused

"Sonia you had poison in your system, and..."

"What? How is that possible, I didn't eat anything or..." I cut him off, then remembered something I only had that drink "The lady, it was probably the lady that gave me the drink" I say trying to remember her face. I look up at him, he still looks upset there's something he's having trouble telling me.

"Sam is there something you aren't telling me?" I say anxious.

"The doctors managed to take the poison out of your system but... they could've saved our baby" he looks down at his hands

My hands immediately go up to my mouth and I gasp "child? I was pregnant? I-I... didn't know-" how could I be so stupid this why I was so sick for days.

"You had a miscarriage," he says looking at me this time. My heart had broken, my child died in my belly, how could I've not known. I started to cry. Sam reached over to me and pulled me on his lap, held me tightly.

"Don't cry my love, everything happens for a reason" he whispered I couldn't control my tears I let it all out. I buried my head into his neck. Right here in his lap in his arms, I felt safe, like I belong.