Chapter 50: I'm sorry

Sans was cuddled by himself alone in the couch.

The house was quiet.

Papyrus was out buying groceries, so that explained it all.

Sans laid back on the couch, thinking.

Letting out a sigh, Sans wrapped his arms around his chest.

He deeply missed him, and he kinda blamed himself for what had had happened.

Maybe if he had just kept his mouth shut, he'd probably be with him enjoying life right now as we speak.

'i need to say sorry...' he thought with realization.

It was him who told him not to come back, yes, but like any other person, he didn't think clearly before speaking when mad.

Sans got up and put his slippers on.

In those three days of Grillby's absence, Sans circulation was more regulated, meaning he could walk.

He just couldn't force himself to continue once tired.

But he didn't mind, that's what he did most of the time.

Sans walked to the end of the couch a picked up his wrinkled hoodie, slipping it on but stopping halfway through.

'what if he doesn't wanna see me and is still mad?' he realized mentally.

For a moment, Sans thought about going back on the couch but then refused to.

'no, i'm done wasting my time.' he motivated himself.

Sans grabbed the keys and left the house, leaving a small note behind for Papyrus to see if he came home before him.

With one short snap, he shortcutted to right outside the bar.

'okay, stay calm. you're here to talk about things, not fight.' he mentally noted himself as he stepped into the bar, getting a few stares.

Not those friendly ones he always got, but more of a mix of confused, and surprised ones.

Sans sat on a stool and patiently waited to be attended.

Eventually Red and Jasmine came.

Those two always sticked together like gum to a shoe wherever they went.

"Sans? What are you doing here?" Red asked.

"um... i just came here to talk to grillby. is he here?"

Red and Jasmine looked at each other, then back at the now confused skeleton.

"He left almost an hour ago." Jasmine softly spoke up.

"He said he was gonna be out getting some things done! I thought he meant talking talking to you." Red quickly added.

Sans got back up.

"well thanks guys, for letting me know. i'll be going then." He thanked.

"No prob, Sans. Hey, do you mind if I ask a question?" Red nervously wondered.

"not at all. depending what it is though, you can ask. i won't be mad."

Red looked at Jasmine, whom nodded at him reassuringly.

Red sighed.

"Are you okay? I mean like, there has been a few rumors going around that you were at the hospital, and me as your friend, am asking if it's true. We worry about you." Red whispered.

Sans hummed in response.

"i'm not anymore, now am i. i'm alright haha. don't worry about me." Sans chuckled.