Chapter 3

Chapter 3: Dinner

————

           The orange and green leaves swirled around the ground

           The orange and green leaves swirled around the ground. It was windy outside and Yuri slid her hands into the pockets of her bomber jacket as she walked to her father's car.

Yuri decided to get a little cute today since she felt a strange urge to. She pulled some cute clothes from her closet that she never wore and actually did something to her hair.

She slid into the backseat with her little sisters as her mom slid into the passenger seat of the car and put on her seatbelt.

Ivory couldn't help but to steal a few glances from Yusuf. He was looking good tonight. So good that she almost considered letting him move back in and giving him the cookies tonight.

She rolled her eyes when she heard his phone ding from a text message.

"Who is that? One of your hoes?" She scoffed being petty.

Yusuf shook his head and showed her his phone that read his cousin's Demetrius name.

Even after he found out about Demetrius and Bianca messing around, he still forgave his cousin. Hoes was gonna be hoes, but Demetrius was his blood and only cousin that wasn't in jail.

Ivory rolled her eyes as she felt salty that it was just his cousin.

Their kids didn't hear anything they were taking about. Yuri had her head phones in blasting music, while the twins were playing a game on their iPad minis.

"Yeah, cut that shit out." Yusuf said as he turned the radio up and pulled off to Isla's home.

Ivory got turned on and pulled out her phone to go on her Snapchat to post of picture of her and her family.

Even though her and Yusuf wasn't on the best of terms, she didn't let anyone know her business and continued to show that her family was okay.

Finally arriving to Isla's home, they all sat inside of her home, while Ivory, Isla, and their mother prepared dinner.

Yusuf and Dave was on the couch together as they talked since they were friends.

Yusuf helped Dave with getting out the game. He took him under his wing and gave him a job at his company.

Dave still did some illegal things. He was young and still wanted to do things he had no business doing.

Yuri stole a few glances from Dave as he continued to talk to her father.

He was the most finest man she had ever seen and she liked the way he gave off a humble vibe.

"Yusuf, can you come here for a second?" Ivory called.

Sighing Yusuf got up, Dave laughed as he saw his reaction. He left him and Yuri alone, while the twins were upstairs playing in Isla's makeup.