Chapter 12

Shadow's eyes widened in pure shock. It was unexpected, to say the least. He knew his entire face was red, ears included.

Sonic the Hedgehog was kissing him.

Sonic the FREAKING Hedgehog was kissing HIM.

His hands flew up to the others chest, confused as to what they should do. On one hand, this was Mahkah: the god who is TAKEN by a resurrected goddess. On the other... Sonic's arms were snaking around his waist, pulling him closer, and it felt so good....

He let it happen for a few more seconds before pushing the other away. "What the hell, Sonic!?"

"Wh-What?" Sonic blinked, confused. He didn't understand why Shadow pushed away.

"What about Farah!?" Shadow's voice was more high pitched than usual.

"I-" Sonic cut himself off, glancing away. Not because he didn't have anything to say. No, he had too much to say. He just couldn't say them. Instead, he sighed. "I wasn't thinking.... I'm sorry."

"You should be!" Shadow snapped. He bit his lip, still feeling a tingle from them. As much as he would never admit it, he wanted another from the blue hedgehog.

He had thought about the other in that way once or twice before, obviously pushing all those feelings away. Now that this had happened though... he was starting to lose that control he had built up. He wanted another kiss... badly....

So, without thinking, he quickly grabbed Sonic's shoulders and met their lips again. A pleasant shock ran through his body as Sonic immediately started to kiss him back, wrapping his arms around his waist and pulling him closer. The kiss ended once again with Shadow pushing the other away, realizing what he had been doing.

"You kissed me that time!" Sonic quickly said before Shadow could open his mouth.

"I know!" Shadow growled out, muzzle redder than his eyes.

"Do ya wanna kiss me or not?" Sonic put his hands on his hips. "You're kinda sending me mixed signals here, Shads!"

"Son- no- Mahkah. You. Are. Taken!" Shadow clenched his fists. "There are no mixed signals! You shouldn't be kissing me in the first place!"

"Why'd you kiss me just now, then!?"

"I-" Shadow took a deep breath and spoke quieter. "Let's just forget this ever happened, okay?"

"Before we do that, can I at least have an answer to my question?"

"No." Shadow crossed his arms and turned away. "Let's go; the others are probably waiting."

Sonic bit his lip as he watched Shadow start to walk off towards his and Tails' house. He sighed. 'If he is, then I can't tell him. It has to come naturally.... If he's not, then I might have a problem because I've fallen in love... with someone who's not her....'

He quickly followed the other, realizing that he was getting too far in his thoughts. He took a deep breath as he walked, keeping his eyes glued to his shoes. If his suspicions were wrong and Shadow wasn't really Farah, he'd be in so much trouble....

He spared a glance to Shadow. He didn't look any different because of the kiss. Actually, nothing had really changed about him. 'Was I wrong? Ah, jeez, I'm gonna have a lot of explaining to do when Farah comes back to me....'