10 - Talk

It such a lonely thing that the time I open my eyes, I felt all ready alone. I don't know when this started, all I know is I have to live like this.

I am now awake and it is Saturday. I stare to the plain ceiling blankly. I have no idea what is with the ceiling and my eyes are fixed above. Maybe because I can see myself to the ceiling. Plain and dull.

I sigh, where are my emotions? I feel so empty. I don't know how many minutes it takes gazing to it. Ugh, this is . . . boring, like my life. Then I close my eyes, pull my blanket up, and cover my face. I want to take a nap again.

After a long while . . .

"Drat, it's useless." I grumble to myself and jolt up with an irritated face.

Getting off of my bed, I start fixing it. As soon as I'm done, I head outside. Then suddenly, I feel like something is clinging onto me.

It is the invisible silence. Silence welcomes me as if it's hugging me like a teddy bear. It is so heavy.

I sigh as I roam my eyes around this house. This house is too big for me to live in. It's stressing me out. Ugh, what an ugly morning.

Going to the kitchen, picking something for my breakfast, and eat at the living room.

While eating, I'm thinking what should I do to survive this day. Hmm . . . I think, nothing. Yah, I can think of nothing.

Blaaah . . . can I cry?

Whatever. Maybe, I should stroll again on this town area. Eh, but it's summer and the heat might kill me.

I start munching again, still thinking of something to kill time. And when I'm done eating, I solely sit on the couch. What should I do? What should I do? What should I do?

Then there is silence again. It is so silent that I can hear even the ticking of the clock. Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock.

I sigh. When did silence become so noisy?

Maybe I should design the backyard? Gardening sounds good. So I stand up and do some stretching. Wait, do we have gardening tools? I bet we don't have.

Guh. I sit on the couch again and sink myself. This is the very death of me. Well, I should clean the house and buy some gardening stuff later.

Then once again, I stand up and pick all the cleaning tools to the storage room. I'm going to start at the second floor, where my room is.

Come to think of it, I haven't really organized my stuff. There are still some of things that are left untouched inside my other luggage. So I open the luggage and see already a shoe-sized box inside.

I breathe out heavily as I decided to open it up. Once it is opened, a frame with happy smiles is the first thing welcomes me. It is a picture of a happy and perfect family. And that family used to be us.

If I'm going to tale my story, it should start as the: "Once upon a time, there was a king and queen who was happily living together with their only precious princess Lorraine."

Uh, like duh. Now I'm cringing. There's no such as thing as that. Fairy tales? Don't sum me up.

I close the box again and hide it where I could never see it. And even though it is just a fairy tale, I can't simply just discard it. Why? Because I don't know.

I smile ruefully. What a unforgettable memories.

So then, I start cleaning. This time, it is serious.

I dust all the dust in the whole room—not just the room, but also the whole house—sweeping all of it neatly and mopping the floor, leaving it sparkling.