Chapter 57: Milo de Coccinelle

After I woke up, I found that my parents had stayed next to me, my awkward sleeping positions putting them off the couch.

But, it didn't matter. After my "mistake," my parents didn't treat me like a tiny child that needed to be worried over anymore. They understood that I could take care of myself, I was capable of doing things they couldn't imagine, and I was their daughter only. Nothing changed that.

Of course, there were some things that I would never let them find out or I would die trying to hide it. For, instance, my mana pool. That was an instant flag for me being unnatural, even if I was part Dragon.

Remembering that I was still very much loved besides all the things I hid, I was positively glowing for days and days while going around singing in the Northern Zueltina dialect, the songs I had been taught.

Days passed, and our family settled down completely at home again. I felt closer to them than before, to the point that I was giggling with Hera all the time while playing in the garden, sparring with Adri even though we weren't supposed to, helping teach Chord how to sew with Head Maid who's name I just remembered was Sarah, watching Anthem spar with Brownie and Blondie.

I have still not learned Brownie's or Blondie's names, and for that I do not care.

Chord was easily adopted into the family as a sort of twin to me, we were almost on equal standing. Anthem was getting there, but more focused on becoming part of the soldier force and settling into the barracks. So now, our family went like this:

Earl Earl de Libellule

Anastasia de Libellule

Anthem de Claiborne-Libellule (it was this way officially, but Adri was the one to succeed the house unless Father liked Anthem better for the job)

Chord de Claiborne-Libellule (since she was older than all of us children)

Ruadri de Libellule (his full name, but for some reason we just called him Adri)

Scheherazade de Libellule (I would seriously like to meet their mother, the twins have such weird names)

Firea-Madeline de Libellule (well, it's not like I'm one to speak; where the heck did Firea come from?)

That was the current state of our family. And no, I couldn't say that we had a dog, a cat, a bird, or even a fish. No, we had freaking unicorns in the stables, but not even a fish. Something's wrong there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------x--------------------------------------------------------—————

Something interesting happened on Augesi 10th, Breik-day (a sort of Friday for this world).

That invitation Thérèse had extended to the Coccinelles, excluding the duke, was used.

Lady Lilly, little Louise, and baby Milo came for a visit. Yes, Lady Lilly gave birth to the boy the duke had wanted twelve months ago, so he was born in Octav of last year. He had been alive for twelve out of the fourteen months there is in a year, ten months younger than both me and his sister.

His sister, my boss, was a bundle of joy now. When I first met her after a while, I found that she had been growing up finely and that she had been coming to visit multiple times while I had been in a coma a few months ago, but I never woke up so we didn't meet. I thought that was so sweet and found myself sniffling while holding back tears, whispering in English with a Japanese accent, "Bossu...thank you."