3- ғᴀᴛᴇ

"Behave well" his parents told him which made him sigh.

Mark is now dressed in a suit with his hair pushed back. He looks neat and handsome as ever but under all that beauty was sadness and anger.

A family of three then walked towards the table they we're sitting at. There was the mom who looks surprisingly young for her age same for the dad.

He then looked at the young girl around his age. She's dressed in a beautiful floral dress that stops above her knee while wearing heels.

'beautiful' he thought to himself.

She's gorgeous but for him no one can be compared to Hyerin's beauty.

The three sat down infront of them after greeting each other.

They started talking about business stuff which the two youngsters aren't interested in.

"Excuse me" Mark excused himself and stood up. He decided to go at the back of this fancy restaurant which looks like a mini park then sat on one of the benches and got his phone.

He really wants to chat Hyerin so bad but he can't. He doesn't have the courage to and he's afraid of his parents finding out that he still cares for her.

@marklee
Hey I'm sorry i|

@marklee
Hey I'm sor|

@marklee
Hey I|

@marklee
He|

@marklee
|

He sighed and kept his phone but he's still a little confused on why she still hasn't blocked him yet.

"Getting some fresh air?" He heard a voice behind him. Mark looked back and saw his 'fiance'.

He sighed as she sat down beside him.

"I'm Nayoung" she said and held out her hand.

"I know" he said and ignored her hand. Nayoung put her hand back down.

The two were silent for a bit.

"Look, if you think I wanted this I don't-" she started.

"You did. You wouldn't have agreed if you didn't. I wouldn't be involved in this if you didn't agree" Mark cuts her off making Nayoung sigh.

"Mark.. My family owes yours. Your family has done so much for ours. My parents insisted that they should pay your parents back and after lots of convincing your parents agreed and this is the way to repay your family. I'm sorry for agreeing to this okay? I didn't want this. I was forced! I love someone else but who am I kidding? He doesn't even like me back. Mark I'm just like you. We dont want this but we have to. To make our parents proud. This is our fate and whatever we do we cannot get out of it. We may not have feelings for each other but can't we just get along?" Nayoung exclaimed.

"Fate?" Mark laughed.

"We will get out of this. We CAN get out of this nightmare. Look Nayoung, you're pretty and all but I don't think you'd want to marry a man who made someone else pregnant" Mark replied.

"W-what?" Nayoung asked in shock.

"I have a girlfriend and my parents forced me to break up with her and leave her. They'll hurt her if I didn't do it. That is why I don't want to marry you. I'm gonna have my own family now and this... This situation is just so complicated for me right now. I don't think I can get along with you just yet" Mark told her.

"Fine. I don't want to be the cause of why you'll be an irresponsible father" Nayoung replied.

"We'll get out of this together" she added.

Author's note:

We have no classes today so I decided to update hoorayyyy!

Xoxo
@hanhyunjie