Project Strong

"You should be careful, Y/N." Taehyung says, leaning forward and resting his elbows on his legs, tucking his chin into his palms. "He's the meanest son of a...mother who's ever lived." He shakes his head, sighing. "And he's the one who got you into this mess in the first place."

You pat your best friend's knee comfortingly, brushing his fluffy ash gray from his forehead. "He's also the only one who's standing with me, Tae." You say, before quickly adding, "Aside from you, of course. And also, there's the project that started it." You roll your eyes.

Yoongi enters the room at that very moment, eyeing you two warily. "Why are you so suspicious about me?" He asks Tae, wearing his usual cold expression. "You know I don't give a-"

"No swearing." The gray haired boy interrupts him, sighing. "How'd you assume we were talking about you anyway?"

The blue haired boy shrugs, quickly glancing at you before looking away. "Well, I'm the one who's partnered with Y/N for the project." He says, plopping down on the couch next to you, and winking at Taehyung. "Plus, I'm the only guy who you can came pretty close to cussing out."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," Taehyung scoots away from the boy, pursing his lips cutely as he runs a hand through his fluffy hair. "Just because we had that one talk doesn't mean we're best friends now."

"Well mainly because you already have a best friend and that is me," You glare at Taehyung. "And what is this one talk I am hearing about?"

"Nothing." Suga says quickly, shooting a look at the gray haired boy who opens his mouth. "Just a little chat."

"Whatever." You sigh, leaning back. "But I still don't get why Tae is suddenly so harsh towards Chim, especially as they used to be party mates."

"I hate this new nickname system." Yoongi mutters.

"He hurt you, okay?" Taehyung pouts. "I can't just stabd there abd let people hurt my best friend, even if it's my party mate."

You smile at his overprotective nature, feeling thankful that ge wasn't there when you overheard the bet talk between Baekhyun and Jimin. Taehyung's sentiments towards Suga have seemed to turned warmer, and the opposite with Jimin, as if overnight.

This confuses you too much.

"Fuck this shit, I'm out." Suga says, rolling his eyes. Back to normal. "You guys keep up this lovey-dovey double gay best friend talk, and I'm out of here."

"How many times have I asked you to not swear for hell's sake?" Taehyung snarls-kind of, as he gets up and walks to the door. "Yet you all keep doing it."

"Gotta keep up that bad boy image." You smirk as Yoongi glares at you.

"But seriously, though, why does he hate swearing so much?" Suga asks you when Taehyung leaves, and you are reminded of the time he asked you if he was gay, back in the car. Goold old times. "He's too freaking bent on that shit."

"There's a story behind every personality, Yoongi," You say quietly, remembering Jungkook's rude behaviour and his bruises. "Let's just say...Taehyung's parents were...homophobic."

Suga goes quiet. "So..."

"They were very vocal about it." You purse your lips, remembering when you would hear frequent cursing from next door as a child. "And they swore a lot....and that's why he lives alone now."

Yoongi looks pained, but his voice is gentler now. "He left when he turned eighteen. Or...earlier, under a gaurdian..."

"My dad took him in," You reply, a smile making its way onto your face. "Then he moved into his own apartment when he turned eighteen."

He nods, a little guilty about how his accusation turned out to elicit such a deep response. "I'm sorry...I didn't know..."

"He probably doesn't care much about that." You shrug. "As I said, Tae has a very powerful personality. He doesn't like being pitied, but he doesn't like being pitiful either. What's best about him is the fact that he accepts himself for who he is, unlike most people."

"He's a good guy." Yoongi smiles. "He's strong."

You laugh. "You make him sound like some superhero or something."

"Unlike Park Fuckboy." Suga's tone darkens, and your smile immediately turns into a sigh. "I still don't understand why you're official with him when he did all that."

You purse your lips. None of the others know about Jimin's past or his current dilemma, but you like keeping it that way. It's not your secret to tell. "I just did. It felt right."

"Right isn't always the best thing for you, Y/N." He sighs. "Sometimes I feel like you're the most immature person in the world."

You narrow your eyes. "Hey!"

He laughs, and you can't help but smile at the fact that he's at least not dissing Jimin. "But at least you're amazing."

You grin. "I'm fabulous."

"Yeah, whatever." He rolls his eyes playfully. "But he's not safe for you, Y/N."

Your smile falters. Does he know...? "What?"

But you don't get an answer, because Taehyung enters the room with a phone in his hand and a grin on his face. "Remember my party? The one that was cancelled?"

You look at him suspiciously. "Yeah...?"

Yoongi's eyes widen. "No way."

Taehyung simply grins wider. "It's back on."