#3

HYEJIN POV:

"What do you mean by bodyguard?"

I frowned at my father's shocking face as he was trying to explain to me.

"H-hyejin, I.. When.."

"Why you have to keep it as a secret, dad?"

I wasn't angry nor sad. I was just confused. Why did my father hired a bodyguard for me? Did he know something?

"Dad-"

"Hyejin, I know that you're being bullied."

My eyes widen. Who told him?

"If you're wondering how I know, you might forgot that I'm a person who has been helping your university financial. Meaning that I have the rights to know what was happening in the uni."

I shut my eyes as I bit my quivering lips. Then I felt a hand on my shoulder as I opened my teary eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I'm a grown up woman. I wanna be independent. I wanna solve my own problem. I can take care of myself."

My father sighed as he looked at me with tired eyes. "Hyejin, I know you're grown up. Very well indeed. You know how to take care of yourself but this is too prevent the previous incident from happening again."

I stared at the guy that stood beside uncle Jin tentatively before darting my gazed back to my beloved father.

"But-"

"Please Hyejin, at least do it for me. I don't want to lose you."

"Okay."

~~~~~

"Get in." He opened the car door. I shook my head slowly.

"I wanna walk." I closed back the door. "You don't have to follow me. I can go by myself."

He was about to speak but I cut him, "Don't worry. The street is full of people that I know. Harmless. I bet you."

Without further arguement, I turned and walked away from him towards my uni. After few minutes of walking, I stopped by the bakery that I always go.

I greeted the owner, Choi Haneul. She greeted back with her sweetest smile as she quickly went behind her counter and handed me a brown paper bag.

"You don't have to do this, Ms. Haneul."

"But I want to. Since I don't have any favorite person to taste my pastries."

"But you have my dad." I teased her. I know that Haneul sort of have a crush for my father. It all happened when I asked my father if we could go to the bakery for some cinnamon rolls.

We came here. Haneul was struggling with the trays when she had stumbled upon my father's feet but fortunately, my father managed to catch her.

It was so Romeo and Juliet. The blush on their face didn't go unnoticed by me. Starting from that day I kept teasing both of them.

Well, I don't mind having Haneul as my mother cause she's like one to me. And I bet my father would love the idea of having her as his wife too.

"Oh, come on young lady. Stop teasing this old woman."

"You're not old Ms. Haneul. You're only 2 years younger than my dad."