Chapter 10- "The Kiss, and War"

At first he looked at me sort of strange, but then he asked in a very suspiscious manner, "are you alright?" I was frozen on the bed breathing hard, not really sure what life was going to throw my way next.

*Adelina's pnt. Of view*

I sat up rigidly on the bed as Dave took a step back.

"Are you sure you're alright? I mean, you can stay here, it's a hospital, there's nothing to be afraid of. No one can hurt you here, and better yet, you can still talk to the police. Lina please." Protested Dave.
"Dave, really, I'm fine. I just really want to go home. So are you going to help me or not?" I asked back in full conscious control of my mind and body.
"Of course. Okay, I'll help you. But first, where exactly is home?" Questioned Dave.
"Southern Georgia." I answered with no hesitation.
"S-sounthern Georgia? As in the US Georgia?!" Replied Dave.
"Great! You know your states. But don't worry, all I need is for you to get me across the border. I can find my way home from there." I said picking up my bag, and walking out the room, with Dave in tow.

Shift change was soon to end, so, I tried to be as invisible as possible, but then a few steps behind me I heard "excuse me? Miss, you're not allowed to leave your room without the nurse's approval? Miss? Miss?! Hey! Coke back here!" Said a male voice behind me.

It didn't take a genius to figure out that it was a security guard.

I looked back at Dave, and it's as if he read my mind.

Without wasting a breath, we took off on a run.

Seconds later, an alarm started blaring all over the place as a robotic female voice came over the intercom "Code Gray. Code Gray. All security personnel alerted. All security personnel alerted."

The same warning repeated over and over.

We reached the elevators, but they were already shut down, so we settled for the stairs.

A few seconds later we heard pounding footsteps coming from both ends of the stairs.

We already had made it three floors down, so in a hurry, we exited the stairwell, and barged onto another floor.

We ditched the main halls, and tried to find shortcuts until another stairwell came into views.

With quick footsteps and labored breaths, we entered the stairwells and instantly froze.

A few flights down, a security guard was questioning a nurse, and going back up wasn't really an option.

"Crap!" I muttered, a headache suddenly coming on.

I was breathing hard, as well as Dave, and I had nowhere to turn.

I placed my hand on my forehead, in effort to calm down long enough to think clearly.

We heard the officer finish his interrogation with the nurse and started to make his way up.

I thought to turn and exit the stairwell, but that wasn't an option either, when I spotted two more officers.

"Hey, I'm sorry Dave. I got you into this mess." I said, already feeling as though I've lost a battle.
"Hey no it's fine. Trust me okay?" Said Dave as he started making his way towards me, his eyes burning into my eyes.
"What?" I asked confused, taking a step.
"And please don't slap me after this." Said Dave in a hurry.
"Dave wha-" my question was suddenly muffled when Dave grabbed my cheeks, and placed his lips on mine.

*Demitrey's pnt. Of view*

The last resilient warrior from the High rise pack retreated past our boundaries in the forest at the break of dawn. The usual routine, and like clockwork, the minute the safe bell rang, the warriors who weren't injured instantly picked up those who were in critical condition, and brought them close to the cots by the castle.