Promise?

You didn't have to be a genius to see something wasn't right. And I saw it in his eyes as soon as he entered that door.

I approach him quickly and do what I didn't expect myself to do. My arms had found their way around his torso and my head was lightly resting on his chest. It was like everything was okay no troubles and no harm could ever come to my way.

Embarrassed from myself I try to pull away, but his strong arms around my waist didn't let me.

"No, please stay like this a little longer. I want to feel this for a little bit longer."-he says holding me tight and placing his chin on top of my head.

A few moments pass and we pull away from each other.

"What is happening? I know that there is something wrong so please don't tell me that common phrase that everything is okay."-I say looking in his eyes.

"No, things are not okay. There is this.. man. He wants to bring me down and take over my businesses. The day of the ball he had attacked one of our buildings. Today there was another attack. We are trying to find him, but even if we do there are still going to be some difficulties."-he explains to me.

A man comes close to us.

"Bran, is he okay?"-he asks the bodyguard.

"I don't think that he is going to make it sir."-the man says.

This wasn't right. Why would a man try to take down the most powerful man in the state? Was he overly confident or simply insane?

The man leaves and him and I are left alone again.

"I have to go."-he says caressing my cheek.

"You just came from an attack. Some of your man are wounded. There is nothing to do for now."-I try to reason with him in order to make him stay.

"I cannot stay here and do nothing."-he replies frustrated.

"And what are you going to do? Harm yourself because you can't wait? You are more needed to these people here so that they can regain their power. You lead all these men and they need you to do that now. You can't just go alone."-I say to him.

After that sentence I hear someone yelling and then a big noise. An explosion noise coming from outside the house. Everyone starts running towards the door.

They quickly open the door and the view in front terrifies me.

A big fire was chewing hungrily Dario's car and two lifeless bodies lying on the ground.

Out of fear I was grabbing Dario's hand and holding it tightly. I needed to know that he was next to me not inside that flaming car. My hands were trembling and then while he was holding them I started to calm down. He was with me, he was safe. For a moment I thought my heart was going to stop. Thank God he was right here not out there.

"Sam get some of the man take care of this this. The rest of you check the house perimeter and every other car. After that some of you are coming with me."-he says and the men start spreading.

I couldn't speak. I was to shocked to say anything. Everything was happening so fast.

"Are you okay?"-he asks grabbing my cheeks.

I just shake my head.

"Good. Two minutes earlier and I would have been dead. Thank you. I want to know you are okay because I have to go."-he says.

"No! Please don't go. I.. I don't know what to do."-I say, tears forming in my eyes.

"Everything is going to be okay. I will make my priority to keep you safe. You are going to be okay. Nothing and no one is ever going to harm you as long as I live. I promise. And since I promised I won't even let death stop me from fulfilling my oath."

"P.. promise?"-I ask.

"Promise. I will never let anybody hurt you."-he says.

"It's not about me being safe it's about..."

"Time to go sir."-Sam says.

"Good, you and five other men are going to protect mrs.Ret. Protect her with your life."-he says to him.-"I will be back soon."

And with that he leaves and I am left alone without his presence.

"It's not about me being safe, is about you staying alive and next to me."-I whisper..