Make me brake my promise

I couldn't believe he was gone. What was going to happen? Was he going to be okay? He had to, he just had to come back, he promised me...

At the beginning I never thought I would have cared so much about him, but now I do. I am getting attached to him, developing some sort of feelings towards him. It was insane!

When people would ask me about the man of my dreams I would imagine Prince Charming. The romantic man with sweetness and charm, but now that imaginary man has been replaced by a charismatic, ruthless, classic, loyal to the core kind of man. A cold, yet caring man.

I don't even know how to describe him. He is an enigma, a mystery, a man with many layers and I don't know if I will ever be able to unveil all those layers.

And frankly I don't even know how I feel about him. Sometimes I want to hate him, other times support him. How do I really feel about him?

After five hours I hear a noise coming from downstairs. I get out of my room and walk through the stairs where I see him. He was standing there looking confused.

I walk towards him, trying to understand what was he thinking.

At that moment he raises his head and sees me, his dark eyes starring right into my soul.

"Pack your bags, we are leaving for a few days."-he says coldly.

"Leave? Why? Where?"-I ask trying to understand.

"Aurora I don't have time for this!! Just... pack your bags and let's go."-he says raising his voice.

Without saying a single word I turn around and go upstairs back in my room.

With my tears watering I take some clothes out of the closet, fold them and put them in the luggage. I didn't even knew what clothes to wear. I didn't knew where we were going to go.

After I was gone I grab the luggage and go downstairs. I was confused, lost. I was walking somewhere I didn't knew. I didn't knew what was I doing and why was I doing it.

I get inside the car and see him in the drivers seat.

"Where is the driver?"-I ask.

"I'm driving today."-he replies. After that he starts the engine.

He was back to being his cold, calculative self. Back to getting detached and serious. Back to keeping secrets and hiding feelings. I knew this had to stop.

"Can you explain to me what is going on please?"-I ask him.

"You will find out about it soon enough."-he says keeping his eyes on the road.

"But I need to know now."-I say.

"God Aurora! Why do you have to be like this? Why can't you stay quiet for a while? I'M ASKING YOU TO DO ONE THING! ONLY ONE THING! CAN YOU DO THAT?"-he yells at me.

"Stop the car."-I say raising my voice.

He continues driving.

"STOP THE CAR NOW!!!"-I yell and he steps on the brakes.

Without saying another word I get out of the car. I wasn't doing anything anymore just because he said so.

"Get back here!"-he yells.

"Fuck off!"-I reply. Wait what??? What did I just say? Did I really say that? I was so angry I said something I would have never said. I didn't knew I had that in me.

I hear the engine of the car starting and the sound that showed the car was going away.
Unbothered I continue walking, but the sound of the car suddenly stopped, right after that it started getting stronger, like the car was approaching.

And apparently it was because in a matter of seconds I could feel him inside the car, driving past me.

He stops the car, gets out and reaches me.

He grabs my arm making me turn around.
"Why are you like this? So stubborn? Can't you see that what you're doing can result into a bad thing? Get in the car!"-he says looking at me angrily.

"No, I don't see what are my actions causing because you are not explaining the situation to me. And until you do I'm not moving from here."-I reply to him with the same attitude.

At the meantime I hear a thunderstorm. Great it was starting to rain too because this was the only thing missing. (Notice the sarcasm.)

"Quit being stubborn I said you will find out. DON'T MAKE ME BRAKE MY PROMISE!"-he says grabbing my arm.

"YOU ARE CLEARLY NOT UNDERSTANDING ARE YOU? WE ARE MARRIED, WE ARE BOTH TOGETHER IN THIS SITUATION! What will happen will affect both of us, but unlike you I don't know where that will be coming from. CAN'T YOU SEE THAT YOU ARE BREAKING YOUR PROMISE? Because you are the one hurting me!"-I say and his expression changes, like he was shocked, like he just realized something.

The rain was pouring down and we were both soaking wet. He just stood there looking at me, water dripping from his hair, his lashes..

"I will explain everything, just please get in the car with me."-he says and we get inside.

We get inside the car. This time I stay in the front seat right beside him. He looks at me and so do I.

"Look, here is what is going on. That man that I told you about is trying hurt me and will stop from nothing to get what he wants. Include hurting you. To prevent that we are going to Italy to talk to the other bosses and see what we will do with him."-he explains to me.-"I was too frustrated to talk and trust me when I tell you that all I want to do is to protect you. I know that I have hurt you and I'm so sorry for that. I regret everything I have done, but now you have to come with me. It is the only way I can protect you."

He was saying sorry, actually apologizing and that was what I wanted him to do for such a long time. That was all I ever wanted. Knowing that the man I live with can feel remorse.

I smile. "I understand. Sometimes you have to talk no matter how frustrated or hurt you might feel, it's the only way to be at peace with yourself and others. And if this is the case then I am with you. Always will."-I say to him.

He smiles and starts the car. Italy here we come!