Midnight in Venice

I stand in my room with my multiple thoughts keeping me company.
All these thoughts kept telling me that there was something wrong in this situation.

He is so ruthless and vengeful, but in this case he was standing back. He destroys everyone who thinks it's his enemy, but not this time.

And then he came all the way here? If this man is so unimportant then why talk to the families about him?

I was worried, worried about him. This man, whoever he was came really close to kill him and I'm afraid, I'm afraid that he might try to do it again and this time... take him away from me forever.

If I was in this situation a couple of months ago I would gladly get away from him, but now.. now I cannot imagine myself being away from him.

As my thoughts were taking over me I am distracted by hearing someone knock at the door.

"Come in."-I say and stand up.

The door opens revealing his face. He was wearing a black suit looking chick as always.

"My thoughts were taking over my brain. For a moment I thought I was going to loose it."-he says forcing a smile.

"Me too actually."-I reply.

"It's quite a lovely night. The perfect night to have a good conversation with someone you care about. Would you like to have a walk with me? Maybe have dinner perhaps?"-he asks.

He wasn't calm. He seemed rather worried, like he was deciding weather to do something or not.

"Of course."-I reply.-"I will be ready in a few minutes"

"Great, I will be waiting for you downstairs."-he says and leaves my room.

He seemed nervous.. what was he going to talk to me about? I have been living with him long enough to tell when he is calm and when he is worried.

I take out the suitcase my Valentino dress and the Dolce heels.

I do a simple makeup and put my hair on a classic bun

Without wasting any time I take my purse and get out of the room.

I get downstairs and there he was waiting for me. And every time I see him my body always has the same reaction. I feel a pit on my stomach and my arms just give up on me. My hands shake and my entire body is on fire. I know my heart goes crazy because I can hear my own heartbeat. Every time I encounter with his eyes I feel so shy, it's like he will read all my thoughts if I look at him, like he will be aware of what I feel when he is around.

I don't want to smile when I look at him, but it just happens. I don't want to feel about him, but he is all I can think about.

I was now standing in front of him.

"I will tell you that you look beautiful, but then again you always do."-he says in a low voice.

"A girls gets never tired from hearing it."-I reply smiling.

"I would like to be the one that would always say it to you."-he says in a whisper. A whisper that I heard, but decide not to say anything.

"This way."- he says and we were walking on a bridge with a beautiful view where you could see the gondolas floating peacefully on the water and a full moon shining bright.

While I was wondering on that magical view. I feel his cold hand holding mine.

"I want to be honest with you. The last time we had a discussion you told me that we were in this situation together and I want to make it right. I want to protect you and also be open with you because you are very important to me."-he says looking right into my eyes.

"You don't have to, if you don't feel like that. I would never force you to do anything you don't want."-I say putting my hand on his shoulder.

"I have to, and you deserve to know."-he says. And then continues:"I know that the last events have been confusing and maybe even frightful for you. Maybe you have been wondering yourself about the man that has disturbed your peace and house. The truth is that the man that has been attacking us and wanting to kill me is my brother." He says leaving me shocked.

"You have a brother? Why didn't you say anything?"-I ask.

"Half brother and his name is Adriano. My father had an adventure which resulted in him being born. But then my father fell in love with my mother and they married and had me. My father didn't knew about Adriano's existence until one day. I was young, but I remember them arguing about the subject. That was the night of the accident. I guess they were arguing inside the car before the accident happened."-he says, his cold hands now getting sweaty. He was having a very hard time talking about this and I understood that.

"I didn't knew what happened to my brother until a year ago when he send me a message making me aware of who he was. Since then he has been trying to kill me and take over of my business. I hoped for him to change, I even offered him a big part of the family business, but he doesn't care, he wants it all. He is the reason why we came here. The other families heard about the situation and they were telling me to get rid of him, but first I wanted to talk to him. After all he is my brother, my blood and I couldn't kill him, but now I know that there is no hope, I'm devastated."-he says and I could see the pain in his eyes. He really was devastated. I thought he was a monster, but he wasn't, he was a good man that cared about his family and the people he loved. The circumstances of life have made him so ruthless and cold. I couldn't believe this situation.

I get closer and hug him. I felt his body tense at first and then relax. Slowly I place my right hand behind his neck and whisper:"Everything is going to be okay."

****

Hey guys! I really hope you enjoyed this chapter because I won't be updating for a month. I have some very important tests to take so I won't be able to update.
But don't worry I will be back as soon as those tests are finished.
Lot's of love badgal ♥️