-45-

Pyro's P.O.V.

"You can put me down now," I insisted, feeling embarrassed that my older brother, Tony, was still carrying me.

I'm grateful for them showing up when they did, but I know that Tyler might be more than confused about what he saw. Finding a good excuse out of this was going to be hard.

"Did you hear me," I asked.

"Jesse is determined to claim you," he went on to say without looking at me, "if we hadn't got there when I did, you would probably be marked by him."

"Tyler came and got you?"

"You were taking longer than normal, and we smelled wolves in the area," he said, without any hint of emotions. He has one serious poker face.

"I would feel better if you let me walk," I told him, trying to sound more like our father than myself.

He stared at me, debating if he should let me walk or not. I understand he just wants to protect me, but I already felt helpless with Jesse, and I don't want to feel that way with my brother.

"Okay, just stay close," he said as he put me down, looking behind us, "we have followers."

"What?"

Looking in the direction, he was staring in, hoping to see something but nothing. Quickly I crouched down, digging my hand in the moist ground. For a few seconds, I could sense what Tony was hearing.

"Just four of them," I told him, dusting my hands off, "who you think it is?"

Before he could answer, a black blur tackled him to the ground. Not long before I could react, I was also slammed into the ground, hitting my head.

"Be quiet," ordered the voice of the person whose body was directly on me "they've been following you two since you left school."

It took a moment for the ringing to subside in my head. I was meeting the eyes of who tackled me and now laid on top of me. Rage started to flow through me.

"Jesse, what the hell are you doing," I groan. He's more annoying than a fly, "get off me!"

"Shut up," placing his dirt-covered hand over my mouth, "hunters!"

"Really?" sounding a little more excited than I should have, but it's not every day I run into one. I tried to rise enough to see what they looked like, but I was quickly pushed back down by Jesse. "Get off me NOW!"

"You're happier to see hunters than me," he whispered with a smirk.

"Well, it's a change from being hunted down by werewolves all the time," I told him, trying to adjust his weight off me, but he didn't even budge. He's enjoying this, I thought, thinking if I should use my powers. I don't like him this close. This was way past my personal space limit.

"Well, no other wolves would go after you if you just let me claim you," he said matter-of-factly, leaning closer to me. The warmth of his breath on my neck. "Why are you so against it?"

"You only want me because I'm a white wolf," I looked him dead in the eyes, "if I weren't, you clowns wouldn't look my way! You all only care about status."

"If I only care about status, then I would have come here," he went on to say in a low voice, "I only did that to you earlier to confirm that they were hunters and after you. As the future alpha of my pack, I have to care about all its members."

"So, you weren't trying to claim me back there," I asked him.

"No, it was all an act," a faint smile formed on his lips "I will get you willingly."

"As if that would happen," I told him softly as I pushed him off me, "I think they are gone."

"Yeah, I think so too," he said, looking up into the direction they were in before standing and helping me up. "We should take the long way home, don't want them knowing where we live."

I nodded.

Not too far away, my brother stood, his shirt covered in dirt. He was more than relieved when he saw me. I quickly told him why Jesse did what he did, and like a protective brother, he didn't clear. He still didn't like Jesse or trust him.

After a few moments of waiting for Jesse's to catch up with us, to have numbers on our side in case the hunters came back. We all headed deeper into the woods, knowing if they are human, they wouldn't be able to keep up once the woods get denser.

On the other hand, I wanted to see one of them. I always heard about them, but never had I witnessed one.

I hope you enjoyed this small chapter

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.

And like always...

Thank you for reading!

-AJ Pharaoh