The Long Game - IV

Continue from The Long Game - III

---

"From time to time, someone, yes." The Editor admitted. "but the computer chip system allows me to see inside their brains. I can see the smallest doubt and crush it. Then they just carry on, living the life, strutting about downstairs and all over the surface of the Earth like they're so individual, when of course, they're not. They're just cattle. In that respect, the Jagrafess hasn't changed a thing."

"What about you? You're not a Jagrabelly." Lily spoke.

"Jagrafess." He corrected.

"Whatever!" Lily screeched. "You're not a Jagrafess. You're human."

"Yeah, well, simply being human doesn't pay very well."

"But you couldn't have done this all on your own?"

"No. I represent a consortium of banks. Money prefers a long-term investment. Also, the Jagrafess needed a little hand to install himself."

"No wonder, a creature that size." The Doctor commented. "What's his lifespan?"

"Three thousand years." The Editor said casually.

"That's one hell of a metabolism generating all that heat. That's why Satellite Five's so hot. You pump it out of the creature, channel it downstairs. Jagrafess stays cool, it stays alive. Satellite Five is one great big life support system."

"But that's why you're so dangerous." The Editor pointed out. "Knowledge is power, but you remain unknown. Who are you?"

With a snap of his fingers the manacles surged with electricity. The three of them screamed in pain. When it stopped the Doctor spoke up. "Leave them alone. I'm the Doctor, they're Lily Carter and Rose Tyler. We're nothing, we're just wandering!"

"Tell me who you are!" The Editor commanded.

"I just did!"

"Yes, but who do you work for? Who sent you? Who knows about us? Who exactly-" He cut off and listened to the Jagrafess growl. A smile appeared on his face. "Time Lord."

"What?"

"Oh yeah." He chuckled, "The last of the Time Lords in his traveling machine." He looked at Rose. "Oh, with his little human girl from long ago." Then at Lily. "And you. Oh . . you've got an interesting future ahead for you . . Lone Wolf." He sneered.

Lily stifled a laugh. "Excuse me?"

"The Little Lone Wolf." He smirked. "I read a story about you once. So small . . so lonely . . so," He looked at her up and down. "Weak." he sneered. "The story ended in your death, if you'd like to know."

The Doctor knew exactly what story he was talking about. He read it as a child on Gallifrey as well. The story was loved by children all over the galaxy . . all different species. He was also correct about the ending too, but he would never have that happen to Lily.

"You don't know what you're talking about." He growled.

"Time-travel." He sneered

──── {⋅. .⋅} ────

Please leave your wonderful comments below and don't forget to vote :)

- KleeAlise11