The Empty Child - I

As always please leave comments. I'd love to hear your thoughts <3

-

"Hello, Lillian

"Hello, Lillian. It's been a while."

- Jack Harkness

──── {⋅. .⋅} ────

London, England
1941

London, England1941

-

Lily was reading a book in her bedroom aka the library, minding her own business when she was suddenly tossed off her bed. She managed to get on her feet and get to the console room which was in complete chaos. "Um, can someone explain to me. . . what the hell is going on?" she shouted, getting the Doctor and Rose's attention.

"It's mauve!" The Doctor answered, quickly moving around the console.

"Mauve?" She repeated.

"Apparently," Rose answered, holding onto the railings. "It's the universally recognized color for danger.

"What happened to red?" She asked, moving to hold on to the console so she wouldn't fall on her face.

"That's just humans," he said, not even stopping for a breath. "By everyone else's standards, red's camp. Oh, the misunderstandings. All those red alerts, all that dancing. It's got a very basic flight computer. I've hacked in, slaved the TARDIS. Where it goes, we go."

"It's that safe?" She looked to Rose with a raised eyebrow.

"Totally." The Doctor replied.

When apart of the console exploded, sparks were fired. Lily pulled Rose away from the blast and gave the Doctor a glare. "Totally? Totally!" She let out a bitter laugh. "Sorry Doc, but that didn't seem totally to me."