Chapter 6: Training Exercise

Chapter 6

Third Person POV

After the charity event, Tony and Athena returned back home. The next day they were watching the news together. It so happens that Christine was right. A town called Gulmira was being ravished by terrorists that had all of the Stark Industry weapons, even the Jericho. It was depressing seeing people trying to find a new home or at least take shelter somewhere safe. Parts of other towns or villages have been completly torn down to the ground. 

"Dad... what are we going to do? Athena asked her father 

Tony was sitting next to her, while working on the arm part of his suit. He didn't respond to her, he just stood up and pointed his thrusters and fired. 

"Whoa!"

Tony looked at his reflection on the glass doors of his workshop and fired at the glass. This was frusturation for him.

"You're going to Gulmira... aren't you?" Athena said.

"You know what to do kid" Tony said. 

Athena sighed and went over to the monitors, she was going to watch over her dad as he made the trip halfway around the world. She connected and entered the system and put the bluetooth on her ear. Behind her Tony was getting in his suit. 

*

Athena kept an eye on her father by watching one of the monitors and in the other she watched the news and the events happening. There were people being sacked out of their own homes and threatened with guns pointed at thier heads. Women and children were screaming and the men tried to protect their families as much as possible. 

A man with 2 children and a wife caught Nina's attention. He was being dragged away from his family, his son caught up with him, but the boy was dragged away back to his mother. They were going to shoot his father.

"Come on dad...!" Athena said in anticipation that Tony could get there on time to stop such atrocity. 

But Tony came in right on time and started attacking all of the terrorists!

"Yes!! That's my dad!" Athena cheered as she watched all of the action happening.

"His all yours" Tony said handing the people a man, the one who was supposedly giving orders. The little boy was then regoined with his father. 

Tony flew out to another part of the desert and started detroying all of the Stark Industry weapons that the terrorists had in store. Tony was being attacked by a tank, but it something he could handle, he fired a missle to it, and the tank blew up.

"YES!!!" Athena cheered. 

Tony flew out of there and started heading back home. 

"You're my hero!" Athena said. 

Tony chuckled, "That was my first momets of feeling cool, Athena, you have a pretty badass dad ehh!"

"Yes old man! Now just come back home--uhh you're ringing dad"

"Tony?"

"Sorry, hello?" Tony said.

"I said it's Rhodes"

"Speak up please" Tony said. 

Athena in the other line was listening to their conversation.

"Yeah speaking of funny, we've got weapons depot that was just blown up a few clicks from where you were held captive"

"Ohh yeah thats a hotspot" Tony said, "Sounds like someone stepped in the did the job for ya huh!"

"You sure you don't have any tech in that area I should know about?" Rhodey said.

"Nope" Tony said. 

"Why do you sound out of breath?"

"I was jogging in the canyon"

"I thought you said you were driving?" Rhodey said. 

"Right, I was driving.."

"Well whatever that flying thing is, its about to be blown to kingdom come" RHodey said and hanged up.

"You are such a terrible liar" Athena laughed, "Why didn't you tell him the truth?"

"Because--whoa!"

Athena looked back up tot he monitors, Tony was being shot at. 

"I'm calling Rhodey" Athena said typing, "Try not to get shot"

"Hello?" Rhodey picked up.

"Its me!" Tony said. 

As usual her father and god father were having a mini argument over the phone. 

"Rhodey it's him!!" Athena said.

"Nina?"

"I'm in it! It's a suit! It's me" Tony said. 

Rhodey looked up to the monitors to see the shape of a man hanging on to one of the planes that was shooting at Tony. One of the pilots noticed and the pane knocked Tony off sending him to crash into the other plane, making  the pilot get out of the falling aircraft. Rhodey said not fire at it for the mean time, since he knew it was Tony in there. 

"Dad do something" Athena said as he watched the man free fall, his parachut was jammed. 

Tony flew over and helped him un jam the chute and the man fell to safety. 

"Tony, you still there?" Rhodey said.

"Hey thanks!" Tony said. 

"Oh my god, you crazy son of a bitch! You owe me a plane you know that right" Rhodey said.

"Technically, he hit me" Tony joked. 

Rhodey agreed to tell the press that this was just a simple traning exercise. 

*

When Tony came back home, Athena greeted him with a hug. 

"You're amazing!" she said.

It's been a while since they didn't have this type of father daughter bonding, all because Tony never really paid much attention to Athena before, but now that she's growing up and about to turn 20, there was no way he could let her go. 

"Go get some rest ok, tomorrow I have a job for you and Pepper" Tony kissed the top of her daughter's head.

"Alright, nigh dad" She smiled and waved and headed up the stairs. 

He smiled and sat down, his little princess was growing up to fast. Now he regreted all of those years that he never spent time with her when she was younger. Pepper was the one who was always there for Athena when Tony was sleeping around. 

His mind went back the charity event when Agent Coulson said he knew about Athena's abilities. Over the years, Tony has been desperate to find answers. He came down to 2 theories, either Athena was some kind of mutant or she was really out of this world. 

***********************************

Hi guys! This was kind of a boring chapter, but... I promise the next one won't be. There's going to be a lot of action and possibly the next chapter will finish the end of "Iron Man" and I'll be moving into 'Iron Man 2" which will be very different from the movie it self. These first couple of chapters were just an introduction into Athena's life with a bit of background. So.. this makes it closer to the day she'll meet Steve!! <3 But really? I've had some ineresting guesses where you guys think Athena may be from Asgard or really the Greek goddess! ;) Or there's a possibility she could be a mutant too! You'll find out soon! 

Thank you so much for your votes and comments! Keep it up! I love feed back!