Boomtown - V (Final)

Continue from Boomtown - IV

---

When they both got inside the TARDIS they saw Lily and Jack rushing around, trying to stop the shaking.

"What the hell happened Lily?" He asked her, raising his voice.

"I don't know!" She confessed. "I watched everything he did. All was fine then it just went crazy!"

"It's the rift." He informed. "Time and space are ripping apart. The whole city's going to disappear!"

Rose ran into the box, running past Margaret to Jack. "What's happening?" She asked him.

"It's the extrapolator." He told her, holding up to object. "I've disconnected it but it's still feeding off the engine! It's using the Tardis. I can't stop it!"

"Never mind Cardiff, it's going to rip open the planet!" Lily shouted.

"Not while I'm still here." Margaret made her way to Lily. She took an arm out of her bodysuit and tightened it around Lily's neck, choking her. "One wrong move and she snaps like a promise."

"No!" Rose cried out. Jack held her back, keeping her at a safe distance. "Please. Let her go." She begged.

"I might've known." The Doctor glared at her. "No wonder you kept asking about Lily. You wanted to see how important she was to me!"

"And I see she means a whole lot, doesn't she?" Margaret grinned, pulling Lily closer to her. "I've had you bleating all night." Lily whimpered. "Poor baby, now shut it!" She tightens her hold. Lily clawed at the arm, trying to find a way to free herself. "You." She nodded to Jack. "Flyboy. Put the extrapolator at my feet."

Lily tried to gasp for air. She started to find it hard to breathe. The Doctor nodded firmly at Jack, telling him to obey. Jack's jaw clenched but he did what she wanted.

"Thank you. Just as I planned."

"I thought you needed to blow up the nuclear power station." Rose found her voice to ask, hoping to take her attention from choking Lily more.

"Failing that, if I were to be arrested, then anyone capable of tracking me down would have considerable technology of their own. Therefore, they would be captivated by the extrapolator." She replied. "Especially a magpie mind like yours, Doctor. So the extrapolator was programmed to go to Plan B-To lock onto the nearest alien power source and open the rift." She pulled Lily's hair with her other hand, making her cry in pain. "And what a power source it found. I'm back on schedule, thanks to you."

"The rift's going to convulse," Jack informed her. "You'll destroy the whole planet."

"And you with it!" Margaret steps into the extrapolator with Lily still in her grasp. "While I ride this board over the crest of the inferno all the way to freedom. Stand back, kids. Surf's up!"

The Doctors hand managed to find the console and made a light from inside hit Margaret in the face. "Of course, opening the rift means you'll pull this ship apart." He told her.

"So sue me!"

"It's not just any old power source." He narrowed his eyes at her. "It's the TARDIS. My TARDIS. The best ship in the universe."