11| The Kids-

-When we were young, the future was so bright••••        ••••        ••••

••••        ••••        ••••

Although growing up was an exciting feeling, it was often incorporated with growing old, and that is a feeling one many wish would just go away. Sully Tyrell being one of those people. It did not help that she was the eldest child of three, with a brother who is three years her junior, and a sister who is six years old. Sure, with age comes freedom, and that made the aging process less unpleasant, but it also came with responsibility. To most teenagers, it was like a buy one-get one free deal. You get responsibility and are assigned certain tasks from your parents, while getting freedom and other cool gadgets.

Ever since Will Byers got lost in the woods last year, Sully's parents realized that their eldest daughter was going to be sixteen soon, and that their little girl was growing up, so she should get something. That something was responsibility. Responsibility of looking after her younger brother Lucas, which meant taking him to and from school. If her younger brother was staying after, she sure as hell better stay after with him or else she's the one in trouble, which never made sense to her.
Her brother, who was turning fourteen in two more months, surpassed her by three inches, and looked as if he can handle himself in any given situation.

Like most teenagers her age, she was also given a little something to help her deal with her responsibilities in a mature manner, but since she failed her drivers test, her parents gave her brand new car they were going to reward her with, to her aunt who wrecked the sleek vehicle in the first two weeks of having it.

Now here she was, sulking her way through the cold conjoined parking lot of Hawkins middle and high school, with her hands in the depths of her pockets as she fought against the harsh winds.

Normally Sully would have made her way to the heated jeep her best friend is always seen in, but today was different. Meghan had a doctors appointment, and with a signed note from her parents, the raven-haired beauty was allowed to leave school early.

After waiting ten minutes for her brother to show up at the parking lot, she bit her lip when she was not met with a familiar face. She continued to lean against the cold brick wall for another minute when she huffed out in frustration at the thought of her brother staying after school.

As the cold air prickled at her skin, pushing back her hair in a dangerous manner, Sully mentally debated with herself whether she should go find her brother and see what he's doing, or just stay in her own school. Another minute passed by, and Sully hiked her bag over her shoulder, and made her way to the parking lot, while heading towards the lot, she walked  past a trash can, and blindly stepped on an unopened candy bar, which caused her foot too slip slightly, but she used the can to hold herself up.