Chapter 5

"Like a small boat, on the oceanSending big waves, into motionLike how a single word can make a heart openI might only have one matchBut I can make an explosion

Sending big waves, into motion
Like how a single word can make a heart open
I might only have one match
But I can make an explosion."

Ingrid's POV

Ingrid's POV

I closed the door with a sigh and leaned my head onto it. I thought about everything that happened today. This morning, this afternoon, my dad, Tristian.... I hope I'm not bothering him as much as I think I am. I don't want to scare him off with my new found clinginess, but I feel upset when I'm not near him... Gosh, Ingrid, you just met the guy not even a week ago... I think I'm losing it here. 

Putting my coat on a hook and my shoes by the door, I made my way to the staircase. I paused when I heard something fall in the kitchen and heavy footsteps, making their way towards me. I looked over my shoulder to see my father looking furious as he marched over to me. I gulped as I turned to him and looked down. Once he reached me, he grabbed my arm harshly and pulled me towards him. I continued to stare at the ground as tears came back to my eyes, and his grip tightened.

" Where. The. Hell. Were. You. " He seethed as he leaned down towards me, and I gulped..

" I-I was just out at the café- " I whispered and jumped when he cut me off. 

" So.. you mean to tell me, for 4 hours straight you were at a damn café!? "  Biting my lip, I tried to open my mouth to speak.

" I-I... " I stayed silent as I knew that not telling him anything wouldn't technically mean I wasn't telling the truth. My mother walked into the room with a cup of tea in her hand and went to sit on the sofa in the corner. She was just like my father in a sense, but she didn't treat me the way he did. Whenever she was there, he knew to be careful.. though I can't always count on her for the numerous things she's already done.

He pulled me closer and squeezed my arm even tighter. " Do you know how many people know who you are? I don't need another fucking Camila out in these streets. All of my businessmen know I've disowned her already... Do you want me to do the same with you? " My heart started beating faster as I felt a few tears slip out of my eye. I've never disobeyed them before, and I knew that if I would, the consequences would be dire. Saying the wrong answer to the question he just asked just wouldn't be acceptable.