Brotherhood

"Today, a new future awaits. Forget your animosity toward Elijah and myself. Instead, join us against she who truly deserves your ire-- our mother." Klaus says, in a big bad wolf voice. I roll my eyes, wiping my hands repeatedly down my legs. It's both hands that are covered in blood now.

" Do this, and we will welcome you with open arms!" He says to a bored Finn and Kol, who only rolls his eyes.

"Well-" Kol says, reaching for a plate of pastries with his shackled arms.Klaus pulls them away, sliding them to a spot within my reach as Kol sighs. Soundlessly, I grab a pastry and smirk as Kol narrows his eyes at me.

"But, if you continue to oppose us, a denial of pastries will be the least of your concerns."Klaus continues with a smile.

" If all you wanted was my allegiance against Mother Dearest, you should have said so! Save me a night shackled to the wall." Kol says with another sigh. Quietly, Elijah enters the room, leaning his arms on the back of my chair as I avoid looking at my hand.

"Yes, this was Niklaus. My recommendation was to remove your limbs, one by one, until you comply."Elijah says from his position behind me.

I sigh, adding my bit on the end," I suggested we all had Doritos whilst binge watching the shadow hunters."

Silly, ancient vampires... Don't understand the allure of Alec Lightwood... I might just swap him for Klaus....

Sad sack decides to join the conversation."Brothers... Does that word even apply to us? After all these centuries of betrayal? And, has loyalty to you ever rewarded? If so, tell me, Niklaus-- where is our sister,"Finn pauses, clearly trying to get under Klaus's skin... Bitch." Rebekah?"

___________________________________________________

I sigh, walking down the hallway in search of a sink... I should buy some gloves, keep my eyes away from my hands. If this carries on, I'm going to chop them off, I don't care how difficult it will make it to eat. Well- maybe I do, but there are machines that can feed me, known as Klaus.

"Evie." A voice calls from behind me, his footsteps following me as I ignore him. I hear a sigh before my back hits against the wall, arms either side of my head trapping me in place.

"Somethings wrong with you."He says, his minty breath fanning against my face. "Care to share?" He questions, his eyes fixed upon mine, his blue eyes shining with concern.

"I'm sarcastic, absent-minded, I talk a lot em-"I pause, thinking for more," I turn into the gruffalo once a month." I shrug,acting casual, still held against the wall. He licks his lips, shaking his head at me, his eyes seeming somewhat amused as he pecks my nose.

"There is nothing wrong with them." He says, pecking my cheek sweetly, "I want to know what is wrong with your hands." He says, in an easy going tone,my heart racing at his suspicion.

"E-erm,"I begin to stutter, my mind blanking on me. " I burnt them." I say, sounding more like a question. He rolls his eyes, pushing the subject aside, kissing my wrist before pulling me along with him.

"We need them alive."Klaus voices, releasing my hand as I drop onto the sofa, propping my legs up on Elijah's lap. He sighs, staring down at them before rubbing my feet. Don't worry-the socks may say best Dad,but I'm not a- well, if I was a man, my dick would be big...

I'm being rude, I apologise. My condolences.

"Imagine what they would do to Rebekah. To Hope." Elijah says, lowering his voice to a whisper.

"Rebekah has been cloaked by powerful magic. Focus on the task at hand."Klaus replies immediately.

" I'm through with persuasion." Elijah says, his hands rubbing over my feet, massaging them... This is what originals are for, you should always have them at your disposal, carry one in your purse.

"Has the earth shifted on its axis? You needing restraint from me?"Klaus asks incredulously as I chuckle at his tone.

"Elijah- it will be fine."i say, sitting up to encase him in an Evie hug. He sighs,returning the favour.

____________________________________________________

"Hold these."Klaus says, dropping a pile of what looks like dental equipment into my hands, a few knifes in the mix. I groan, yet oblige, following him towards the ball room.

"Do you think our mother is even the least bit concerned for your well-being?"Klaus calls out, approaching Finn whilst removing a knife from the pile, nearly causing me to drop them all to the floor.

" She knows I don't need rescuing."he replies weakly, his eyes travelling towards my hands, a smirk upon his face as he stares at the equipment.

"You can toy with me all you want, Niklaus, but you've had innumerable opportunities to kill me."Finn continues as I scoff, wishing that someone would kill him.How the hell Sage fell in love with him, I will never know, because he is one word- boring.

"Finn, I understand your devotion to her."Klaus says, his attention fixated upon the knife that he twirls in his hands, annoyed, I drop the 'toys' on a table. "She must have clung to you with desperate need after our sister Freya died, making you believe it was your responsibility to care for her. Always and forever, mmm?" Klaus pauses, slowing his consistent spinning of the knife," A burden which you accepted without question, because you were a good son. Small children lack the capacity to question their parents, but you're a man, now, Finn."

Finn says nothing, turning to look at me with a sickening grin, "How are your hands, Evie?" He asks, quietly, too quiet for Finn to hear without special hearing, Klaus growls viciously, grabbing my hand protectively.

"The choice is yours, brother!"Klaus yells over his shoulder, dragging me away with him.

____________________________________________

I grimace, dropping down on the bed, gluing my eyes shut, just thinking.I always thought that my family was messed up, an inconsiderate brother, a scary Dad, an uptight Mum, and a drunk life uncle.... That was, of course before I met the Mikaelson's, who's story is even more confusing than the Salvatore's.

I miss my family, and my baby.... The child that I have held once in my arms before having to send her away for her own protection. And now, my hands are stained permanently red with imaginary blood, can life get any better? I sigh, shuffling towards Klaus's side of the bed, even though it is only mid day and close my eyes, inhaling his scent as my body drifts off to sleep.