#31: Sweaty Secrets

"How is this possible?!"

"Keep up, babe!"

I growled in annoyance as I missed another step, stumbling a little in the process. Though, it wasn't the first I missed since we started playing Just Dance. Still, it was insanely unfair that my boyfriend was well more coordinated than me.

"Aaahh!"

"Breathe, Justine! Let the music take control!"

"What if the music starts controlling  me to strangle you?!"

He laughed.

How Leo can still laugh as he dances while I'm practically on the verge of death was beyond me. So what does one desperate, tired, and dying girlfriend do to her seemingly perfect at everything boyfriend? Push him out of the way.

"Hey! Cheat!"

While Leo scrambled to get back into the beat, I fell onto the couch behind us laughing. The Bracci's basement was dark save for the television screen that illuminated most of the room which had been transformed to be a game room.

Totally giving up, and out of breath, I remained sprawled out on the couch and watched as said seemingly perfect boyfriend finished the dance.

"Yeah!" He pumped a fist into the air then started rotating his hips as he did a slow turn and chanted, "who's the best? Moi! Who's the best? Moi!"

Unable to keep to take him seriously, I busted out laughing, then the next thing a know, Leo was laying down on top of me, and I was wheezing. "Dude...heavy."

I slapped his shoulder, but he only shook his head, making me flinch since he had his face buried in my neck and the sensation was tickling me. "I'm gonna die!"

Still not listening to me, he somehow managed to wrap his arms around my waist, and without so much as a groan, he flipped us so I was the one laying on top of him. Or more accurately, on his chest. He was grinning triumphantly.

I shook my head, but there was a smile tugging on my lips. "Show off."

"Only for you, babe."

Swoon!

You'd think three months into our relationship and I'd be used to hearing him call me pet names, but apparently not. Then he pecked the tip of my nose, and I almost died of heart failure.

He snickered. "You got that starstruck look on your face again."

"Well..." I felt my cheeks heat up but shrugged as if it was nothing. "When my boyfriend happens to be one of the hottest I have seen in my life..."

It was his turn to blush.

Finding out that Leo gets bashful when complemented in any way or form was a highlight of my life.

However, not one to be outdone, he pinched my sides making me squeak. "Oh. So you only like me because of my looks and not my lovable personality? I see how it is."

I giggled, unable to help myself. "You're a dork!"

"Takes one to know one." His face started inching closer to mine, and under my fingertips, I could feel his heart beating steadily.

My eyes flickered down to his nearing lips. "I can live with that."

I could practically feel the heat of his lips when we heard the basement door twist open. With speed I didn't even know I had, I pushed off Leo and stood awkwardly next to the couch just as Mrs. Bracci stuck her head through the door looking at us from the top of the stairs. "There's some dinner up here you two if you want anything."

Leo peeked up over the couch's back. "Thanks, mom!"

"Let me know if you guys want something else to eat."

"Will do!" I replied. "Thank you, Mrs. Bracci!"

She smiled, before retreating back to the kitchen, closing the basement door once more. I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding, and Leo sat up and gave me a funny look. "Remind me why we're keeping our relationship a secret from our parents, again? Literally, everybody else knows."

I'm actually surprised we were able to keep it from them for this long.

I raised a brow at him. "Did you forget who our dads are? In case you did, let me refresh your mind. Your dad is the fire department chief, and my dad's a police officer. Can you imagine what those two would do to each other if we told them?"

Leo hummed, mouth twisting to the side in a thoughtful pout, then shrugged. "You make a valid point, but," his hand shot out and the next thing I knew, I was sprawled out on his lap, my legs straddling his. He grinned mischievously at me. "I won't be held responsible if they found out because I couldn't keep my hands off my adorable girlfriend."

The kiss was rough, maybe a bit punishing, but I wasn't complaining.

Well, whatever...

***

Edit: Shout out to Unspokenafterthought for the chapter title. Hahaha!!

* * *

ATTENTION: If you are reading this story on any other platform other than Wattpad you are very likely to be at risk of a malware attack. If you wish to read this story in its original, safe, form, please go to https://www.wattpad.com/user/awkward_tumbleweed

Thank you.