29. Be With You

Some time later.

      I sat in AP Physics, my pencil tapping against my lower lip in boredom. The teacher stood at the front of the class, writing notes on the whiteboard that she intended for us to write down ourselves.

      A blank sheet of lined paper sat in front of me on the desk along with an unused No.2 pencil. Scratches and doodles coated the desk I was sitting at, that told me that several kids in previous classes have been bored as well. The girl in front of me was dead asleep at her desk. Her snores were quite load as well. I groaned quietly to myself and leaned my chin against my palms. Outside, the sky was grey from rain that had poured down on Queens earlier this morning. I stared out the window, thinking about anything else that's not related to school.

My life has been quiet for awhile now, too long in all honesty.

      Nothing significant has occurred, and that's what I like. My Dad doesn't bother me about where I went anymore, and he hasn't asked me to join the Avengers. He has sensed that I want to put all of that stuff behind me. Besides, at the moment, he's busy with planning a wedding.

      My thoughts were interrupted by the teacher "Miss. Stark" she called my name sharply. I slowly looked away from the window, giving her an interested look "I'm sure you can answer this question. In question three on the board, you must multiply Sin35 by 12, what would your answer be?"

      "You'd get 6.882917236" I answered, not even needing the calculator "but I'm not sure why'd you would use Sin" I tilted my head to the side, eyeing the physics problem written on the board "You already have the Hypotenuse and Adjacent sides, so that means you'd be looking for the Opposite. The correct form you need to use is Tangent" While I spoke, my teacher ran to her desk and fiddled with her calculator "8.4024- um... 90459" I said the answer "Then to find the acceleration of the car riding up the angle-"

      "Alright, Miss Stark. I'll let somebody else answer the second part of question 3, thank you" she turned back to the board, clearly annoyed that she got her own question wrong. She grabbed her eraser and changed the problem. I settled back in my chair and picked up the pencil on my desk. It's currently 11:30, fifteen minutes until lunch.

      Peter looked up from his note taking. He sat right beside me at our conjoined desks. His whole paper was coated with writing and practice problems that the teacher was doing on the board. He wore a long sleeved, navy blue shirt with the school logo on the front and black skinny jeans. His hair was styled perfectly to frame his tan square face.

      I looked over to him when I noticed he stopped writing "Whatcha thinking about?" He whispered, glancing up at the teacher to make sure that she couldn't see us talking.

      I scooted my chair closer to him and shrugged my shoulders "Things" I moved my paper to be in front of me and started to copy down his notes that he had already written "I'm not cheating, I swear. I just want to make it look like I'm doing work so she won't call on me" he chuckled quietly and draped his arm along the back of his chair.

      I tucked my short brunette hair behind my ear and rubbed my lips together. His handwriting was so boyish and neat. The little things like this make me smile "My Dad was kinda pissed when I told him we were dating" I looked up at his brown eyes.

His eyebrows raised slightly at that "Really? You waited this long to tell him?"

"Well, yeah kinda. It just worked out that way"

"I thought he liked me" he was beginning to sound panicked.

      "He does" I assured, copying one of the equations that he had written on his paper. I glanced back up to the teacher who was busy explaining the degree of an angle "It's the whole 'my daughter is dating a boy' thing. You know, the usual"