Chapter Nine

~*Flashback*~

"Lucy, this is the rest of my band, One Direction. Guys, this is my WONDERFUL carrot princess." Louis said, grinning. 

"Hello there." I waved shyly at the four very fit boys standing in front of me. 

Louis Tomlinson, my best friend in the world, had left me a few months ago to audition for the X- factor. We talked all the time, I watched the show religiously, and when he was put into the band, I was excitedly waiting to meet the other boys. And finally, holding onto his end of the bargain, Louis had brought the boys to Doncaster to meet me. Well. He brought them home. Luckily I had time to meet them during their break. 

"Carrot princess Lou? Really?" I hit him playfully on the arm. 

Louis smirked, draping his arm across my shoulder. 

"You love it, really. You know you're meant to be my lovely carrot princess. It's fate love!" 

I sighed. 

"You're really hopeless." I told him. 

"Finally! Someone who agrees with me!" one of the boys exclaimed. 

His looks were similar to Louis', but he had brown eyes instead of Louis' icy blue ones. 

"That's Liam." Louis whispered in my ear. 

I nodded my head. The rest were easy to identify; Niall was the adorable blonde one, Zayn was the darker skinned one with the perfectly styled hair. And then my eyes settled on a certain curly haired boy, whom Louis had told me so much about. 

Harold Edward Styles. He certainly was a good looking boy, with that perfect smile, those dimples, his curls, and those eyes. Gosh. They just drew you in! Once I caught his eyes, it was hard to look anywhere else. 

"So, Miss Lucy." Louis said, turning me so I was now looking straight at him. "I have a little...birthday surprise for you." 

Uhoh. Something was up. Louis' eyes had a mischievous glint to them, this was never good. 

"What is it...?" I asked nervously. 

"I may have gotten you a gig dancing." 

My mouth dropped in surprised. I lived to dance. Honestly, it was my entire life. 

"Ohmygosh where!?" 

"On tour with One Direction! You're one of our backup dancers! SURPRISE!" All the boys yelled surprise at the end. 

I just stared. Shocked. There was no way this was happening. 

"I...you got my mum to agree to this?!" 

I loved my mum. Really. I did. But she was so protective, and hardly let me do anything at all. 

"You bet I did! She couldn't say no, you'd be under MY supervision!" Louis said proudly. 

I let out a loud laugh. 

"Louis. The last time she left you 'in charge' of me was when we were five, and I ended up with a broken arm and 26 stitches." 

Louis' face flushed red at that, and the other boys burst out laughing. 

"Aren't you supposed to be the mature one Lou?!" Harry laughed. 

I gave Lou a peck on the cheek.