♛♛♛ 

there was once a king of The Jeon Kingdom who was very rich and good, and much loved by all the people whom he ruled. he had lovely sons, there were three of them. jeon yoongi was the eldest. he was a very scrupulous kid and barely talked much. next came jeon namjoon, the most brilliant and discerning kid in the kingdom. of course mothers never had favourites, but if their mothers had had a favourite, it might have been namjoon with all of his sweet dimply smiles. and the youngest was jeon jeongguk, who was the bravest of the three yet the most mischievous and untamed one, always running off from duties to play outside rebelliously.

gathering all the wise men in the country, king jeon asked them to find out what sort of boys the young princes would be. so the wise men went out into the palace garden on a fine starlit night, and looking up at the stars, said they could see wonderful things that would happen to the princes.

"the stars say they will be very brave," said one wise man.

"the stars tell me that they will have strange adventures."

"and they will live to be very old happily," said another.

the young princes grew up and was taught everything that princes ought to know. the three princes turned out to be very smart for their ages and aced everything they needed to learn; but jeongguk seemed to be never tired to always rebel to be let go outside to play as he was bored out from all the lessons. he was the only one who hadn't shown much of responsibilities and maturity from himself, aside his brothers who were like the perfect picture of a prince. but even with how perfect the elder princes behaved, they were still kids too and deep down, their hearts were longing to be free just like jeongguk. having to learn all the time was sometimes exhausting.

"you will soon be the king of this country," the king once scolded his youngest son. "and i hope you will be a good one." jeongguk only pursed his lips distastefully before reluctantly following his brothers to their chamber. the king almost gave up with jeongguk, he seemed to listen well to his brothers, yet he was stone-deaf over his orders. had it been because of how authoritative and protective of father the king was? the child was super sweet before and now turned up to be a little evil himself.

the king and his wives were perplexed. these three lucky children always had everything they needed: pretty clothes, good fires, a lovely nursery with heaps of toys, books, and lots of places to play at. they had kind, merry, and fun maids and butlers, and also a few pets they could take care of. they also had a father who was just perfect--never cross, never unjust, and mothers who were all kind and lovely. everyone would think that they ought to have been very happy. and so they were, but they did not how happy till the very moment of meeting a certain someone. the dreadful change, that especially happened to jeongguk, came quite suddenly.

when the king decided to court a princess from a far unknown country for jeongguk, he meant well for he thought everything would turn out good for the youngest prince. the boy loved adventure and the folk tale said the mysterious princess was mesmerisingly beautiful as a snow crystal just like what the people called her, snow white. it was probably instinct or just a pure childish believe, but king jeon knew this princess would be the one that was able to tame jeongguk.