Chapter 16

This chapter is going to get serious pretty fast, and it's going to be switching POV's a lot, so yeah. 

*******************************

*Reece's POV*

"Mom, stop!" I yelled as she threw another bottle. I ducked before it was able to hit me.

"Stay away from me!" she screamed as she stumbled backwards.

"Mom, please, just-"

"NO! IT WAS YOUR FAULT! It was all because of you," she cried as she sank down to the floor.

"Mom, it was an accident, I didn't mean to," I said, barely above a whisper.

She just continued to cry on the floor until her eyes suddenly widened and she rushed to the bathroom. I held her hair for her as she puked, and got her toothbrush ready for her.

I opened the cabinet to get her some Tylenol, but frowned when I saw the almost completely full bottle of antidepressants.

*********************

*Lilah's POV*

I found myself scanning the hallway for Reece, and actually felt a little disappointed when I found out he wasn't there. Maybe he was sick or something.

"Devon!" I called when I spotted him. He stopped and turned to face me.

"Do you know where Reece is?"

"Home," he said with a blank expression on his face. I couldn't read it at all.

"Is he sick?"

He simply shook his head.

"Then why didn't he come to school?" I questioned. 

"Personal reasons," he replied coolly.

"Ok," I said as he turned to walk away. I mean I know it was really none of my business, but Devon's non-detailed answer did not help my curiosity. In fact, it probably only made it worse. But then again, I had never been one to pry. Maybe he just felt like ditching or something.

*******************

*Reece's POV*

Another day picking up broken glass. Another day beating the punching bag in my room. Another day where bloody fists just wasn't enough to drown out the guilt. I took another swig from the bottle of tequila mom had kept hidden in her room. 

She was going to be pissed when she was sober enough to realize it wasn't there anymore. As I beat the bag over and over again with my already wounded knuckles, I felt skin rip as I clenched my fist. New patches of blood soaked through the bandages and I kicked the punching bag. I looked over at my old titanium bat. I used to love that bat. He would take me to the batting cage whenever I had a bad day. I hadn't swung a bat since. 

Perhaps it was time that I tried it out again.

***********************

*Lilah's POV*

Today was another empty day at the studio. I finished my homework as fast as I could and tried calling Reece to try to sneak in an extra rehearsal but he didn't pick up. And I also just really wanted to see him. There! I admitted it ok?! So instead I just spent my time working on my technique. My phone started ringing and when I saw that it was Logan I looked at the clock. 7:32 P.M. Sheesh, my homework took longer than I thought. I hadn't even realized how dark it had gotten outside.