2 7

|Cassie|

I hit the spoon in my bowl of cereal and let it spin against the rim again and again and again. Dad raced around the house, gathering all of his papers needed for work. He's been having his late night cries again ever since I got back in town. Clarke sighed before plopping onto her elbow in front of me.

"I know you're heartbroken and all but I have a test to study for that kind of determines my future."

I continued to hit my spoon around the bowl of cereal.

"Come on Cassie." Clarke groaned, "either you get your butt out of that chair or you're walking to school."

Clarke wasn't kidding. She swung her backpack over the jean dress she was wearing, fixed her brown hair and tightened her converse before looking over at me.

I let out a small groan before pulling myself off the barstool and following her outside with Dad quickly at our heels.

I remained silent the entire ride to school and so did Dad who was reviewing over his charts for the meeting he's suppose to be hosting today.

"Alright I get that you're grieving and all but can you at least fake a smile Cassie?" Clarke asked while eyeing me in the rearview mirror.

"Clarke give her a break." Dad glared before looking back at his charts.

Clarke sighed before turning up the volume of the radio.

Walking into school I was given a variety if stares and whispers from people as I walked past them. Clarke glared at every single one of them, making their eyes avoid mine.

"I gotta head to class, try to not look so gloom." Clarke grinned before pulling me into a hug. "Don't give them a reason to judge you."

A lot easier said than done as majority of people think I just used William for the spotlight than got overwhelmed and dumped him on the spot. Which is sort of true, but I didn't use William. No I think I actually loved him but I don't belong in his world.

I walked into Mrs. Palmer's English class. "Welcome back Cassie," she said with a sincere smile.

I walked over to a desk near the back and singed my backpack off my shoulder and onto the floor before taking my seat. I stared at the artificial wooden desktop as other students began an piling in.

"Hey Cassie." I look up to see Marcus smiling as he takes a seat right next to mine.

I didn't smile nor did I even give him a slight nod. I just continued to stare down at my desk trying to shut out the world which was fine until the starting bell rang. Then I was forced to pay attention to Mrs. Palmer's teaching.

"Alright class." Mrs. Palmer smile was warm at the sight. A refreshing feeling to know that I had someone I could talk to without being judged. "Can someone update Miss. Gray on what we've been reading this past month?"

Marcus raised his hand and started talking without being called on, "it's a retelling of the Romeo and Juliet story. We're at the part after the two main charcters meet but decide it isn't with it."

"And we're at the part where she's completely breaks his heart." A red head girl I've never talked to snickered and me. Making her group if friends laugh.

"Thank you Morgan." Mrs. Palmer glared before walking to the edge of her desk and leaning onto it.

I sunk down in my seat, avoiding all eye contact I possibly could.

I felt a tiny paper ball hit the side of my head. I grabbed it off the floor and carefully unraveled it. Fame-seeker.

It didn't even make sense, but at the same tome it did. I looked around to see who threw the note at me. Various people were staring at me, whispering to the people near them and silently laughing.

That's how most of my class turned out.

I sat down at our usually lunch table keeping my head down. Clarke and Rue quickly joined me.

"Hey Rue come sit over here!" The red head girl from English yelled.

Rue turned to Clarke, ignoring me, "Come on Clarke lets go sit with them at lunch."

Clarke glanced down at mr before looking back at Rue, "I think I'm just gonna eat with my sister."

"Come on Clarke," Rue folded in her arms before leaning over to whisper something in Clarke's ear. Pulling away with a smile. Clarke wasn't happy though.

"You got to be kidding Rue!" She yelled, everyone's head turned to look at us. Well more looking to watch the fight that was forming in front of their eyes. "My sister is literally at the verge of tears you you have the guts to tell me she deserves to be sad?"

"Well you can't just break William's Everest's heart and no expect to be attacked." Rue looked around and people nodded in agreement.

"You don't know shit about what's Cassie been through these last two months. None of you do!" She yelled. "But now you're all acting as if you were there and Cassie's to blame for all the pain it caused you because you favorite celebrity is also heartbroken."

"Weren't you a William Everest fan?" Rue smirked.

"Was." Clarke corrected her. Crossing her arms. "Not everyone is how they seem on television Rue. Same can go as friends."

"Are you seriously throwing down years if friendship just because your sister can't take the rebound?" Rue chuckled.

"That's exactly what I'm doing." Clarke spat before turning to me. I was wide eyed at what just went down before me. Never in my life I imagined Clarke throwing away her friendship for me.

"Come on Cassie," Clarke couldn't keep her anger contained but she wasn't gonna take it out on me. "We're leaving."

Clarke took me out for frozen yogurt. She said it's because I deserve it but I know for a fact it's because Clarke needed to calm her anger. Everytime Clarke and I would have an argument or disagreement in other terms when we were younger, Dad would take us out for frozen yogurt if we got along. Because Clarke struggled to cool her anger instantly, slowly over time frozen yogurt became here key to not have another blow up.

"I hate everyone who blames you for breaking Williams heart." Clarke glared before taking another bite from her yogurt.

"It's not their fault."

Clarke looked up and almost let her jaw drop completely. I turned to see what she was staring at.

"Hey kid turn up the television!" Clarke demanded the worker who obviously listened out of pure fear.

"Here we have Zoe Hall speaking about the devastating split between William Everest and Cassie Gray."

"I knew that girl Cassie was trouble. Especially when William explained to me that he actually thought he found the love of his life. When I finally met Cassie at the Yearly Awards I knew something was up especially when she barley said anything to me when I introduced myself. I knew she was gonna break William's heart by the look in her eyes. If I didn't know any better I'd think she was using William for fame I'm success. William definitely deserves someone better. Someone who would milk him of his success."

Clarke grip against her poor plastic became tighter making her knuckles turn white. "You're right. It's that witches fault."