31.✔

Cassandra's POV

It's been twenty minutes since Harry has left leaving me and Zayn hanging on the wall by handcuffs. I still can't believe he did that. Yes, I know I said I would rather die but I didn't think this would be the way he would chose to do it.

I hear a sniffly sound coming from a corner in the room. I look in the direction of the noise to find the little girl staring blankly at the door as tears ran down her cheeks.

"Sweetie, what's wrong?" I asked knowing the name in no means fits her person but heck, I don't know what else to call her.

She doesn't move, not one bit, so I try again.

"What's wrong? Say something." I encourage but she still doesn't move.

It's like she's in shock or something. I decided to give her some time since I really can't do anything else considering I'm handcuffed to a wall. I direct my attention to Zayn who hangs unconscious with his head hanging between his arms which are pulled together at the top by handcuffs. I can only hope he's still alive, I wouldn't know what to do if he wasn't.

I know I haven't known him for very long but he has been the only one that's has actually been nice, plus I'm pretty sure he's the only sane man in this warehouse thing.

"Zayn?" I asked hoping he would just magically wake up but I'm almost positive he won't.

I wait a minute before saying,

"Can you hear me? Zayn?" Still nothing.

I swing my legs over in his direction lightly hitting his side hoping to awake him. He seemed to stir slightly but still did not wake up.

"Now what?" I say to myself out loud trying to think of some way to get these stupid handcuffs unlocked.

I stay quiet thinking to myself, what to do?

"Why did he do that?" The little girl standing on the other side of the room asked not tearing her attention away from the steel door.

"What do you mean?" I ask wondering what the creepy little girl had to say.

"Why did Harry hit that boy?" She said pointing at Zayn's hanging body.

"And then handcuff you both?" She asked turning around to face me.

I honestly didn't know what to tell her. I mean, what do I say to a seven year old? That Harry was going to make me have sex with a stranger so I said I would rather die and he cuffed me up and left me to rot? I'm pretty sure that would be a bit much for a seven year old. I push the horrid thought aside and just go with,

"I really have no idea why he did this." I speak.

"Is he still alive?" She asked looking over at Zayn.

I look to him as well hoping to God he is. As I look closer I see his chest raising up and down lightly, I breathe a sigh of relief.

"Yes, yes he is." I say turning towards the young girl.

It was silent for awhile 'til a thought popped into my mind.

"Is there anyway you might have a key for these handcuffs?" I ask already knowing the answer will be no but heck, might as well try. Right?

She ponders for a moment making me wonder if maybe the creepy little girl does have them.

"No. No, I do not." She answered making my hopes plummet to the ground.

I really need to find a way out of this hell hole.

I look around the room hoping to find something the little girl could hand me and if possible unlock these cuffs.

The only thing I see is a twin size bed, the two barbie dolls and a rocking chair. I was hoping to maybe find a fork so I could try picking the lock even though I'm almost positive it would fail.

Suddenly a thought pops into my head.

"Hey, little girl." I call out.

"Yes?" She answers.

"Do you happen to have a bobby pin?" She thought for a moment then started to feel around in her hair 'til she pulled one out.

"Here you go." She said walking over to me holding her hand up in the air.

I don't think she realized that I wouldn't be able to get it from her.

"No, no Sweetie. I need you to do something for me, alright?" I asked.

She looked at me with one hand on her hip saying,

"And what might that be?" She said cocking her head to the side.

"I need you to stick that bobby pin in that lock over there." I said nodding to the big steel door across the room.

"Do you think you could do that?"

"I can try." She answered walking to the other side of the room to where the door is located.

She took the pin putting it into the lock and started to twist it around and wiggle the knob. After a minute of doing that she blew out a puff of air and stomped back over to me, she look pissed to only be so young.

"It isn't working." She said putting her hands yet again back onto her small waist.

"And what exactly were you wanting me to do?" She asked scrunching her eyebrows together.

"Well I wanted you to pick the lock so the door would open because it's locked." I answered.

She looked at me like I was stupid, what did I say? Do I have something on my face?

"I have a key." She smirked sticking her small pale hands into the pockets on her white dress.

Seconds later she pulled out a small silver key.

"How did you get that?" I said shocked at the key yet overjoyed she had it.

"One time a man came down here to bring me Mia and Annie." She said pointing over to the dolls laying on, I'm guessing, her bed.

"And he left this key." As she held up the key to where I could see it I thought, why didn't she try to escape?

"Why didn't you run away? You have a key so why didn't you?" I asked.

She ponders for a second thinking over the question.

"I never had a reason to." She honestly spoke.

"Oh." Was all I seemed to be able to say.

"So do you think there is anyway you can get the key for these cuffs from Harry?" I ask praying to God she'll be brave enough to venture out on her own.

"Well I don't know." She swayed back and forth.

"You can do it. I know you can!" I encouraged.

"I guess I could try." She smiled, it was a happy smile even though it looked creepy as hell with her messed up face.

With that she skipped off to the other side of the room unlocking and opening the door with ease. I only hope she will be alright.

I hope Harry doesn't try and hurt her... He wouldn't would he? I asked myself.

I can only pray that he won't and that's just what I did, I prayed asking God to keep her safe and asking God to be with Ben...

Ben.

Is he still alive? A tear rolled down my cheek not knowing if my own baby brother was still living or not. Once my prayer was done I tried my best to relax. I was almost asleep -somehow- when I heard a raspy broken voice call my name.