{25}

A/N:
READ!!! Seriously actually read this please. It's important. Thank you.
so wp is being horrible again and has made chapter 26 private again bc they hate me. For no actual reason. Liek there is NO SEX in it whatsoever. Like it's basically a whole chapter of friendship and bonding and fluff so idk.

Anyway.The link is on my profile and you'll need to be following me to view it. Sorry folks. 

You are in no way obliged to continue to follow me after you've read it. If you want to unfollow me that is cool, I won't hold it against you. If you stay, that's awesome. I love you all for reading either way. (though, staying would be nice. Js.)
Okay, sorry. Proceed.

Chapter Twenty-Five

Casper was jolted from him half-asleep state the next morning to his phone blaring out the lyrics to Oopsie Daisy by freaking Chipmunk because his best friend was majorly pretentious and secretly worked as a hacker or something because she had somehow gotten onto his phone yet again and set a bloody personalised ring tone just because it had her name in it. Again.

He groaned into his pillow and let his arm fall onto the floor at the side of his bed and searched blindly for his stupid phone. He still hadn't found it when it rung out and he sighed into his pillow once again, slacking his whole body in defeat when the abomination that had the cheek to be called music started up again.

Casper gave a cry of frustration and got up from the sanctuary that was his mattresses and flung himself out of bed and snatched up his phone from the floor.

"Yes?" he hissed down the line.

"Well someone is grumpy this morning." Daisy answered defensively.

"Daisy it's," Casper pulled his phone back from his ear to check the time," almost eleven o'clock in the morning."

"And?"

"On a Saturday."

"Uh huh."

"After my birthday."

"Ugh, whatever."

It wasn't like him and his parents had gotten crazy, staying up to early hours in morning having a rave or playing an extreme game of Monopoly - God knows how they chucked that game out a day after Christmas after a night of betrayal and cries of anger over it. Casper arrived home the night before to even more balloons and signs everywhere.

When he closed the door he heard a clamber of feet and then his mother appeared in the hall with a wide smile. He had a phone call from his grandparents living in England to wish him his annual birthday wishes and tenderly pester him about his life before he could finally get rid of them with promises of phoning more often, which he fully intended to keep. The rest of the evening had been the usual quite, content birthday's he had every year, ending with him, his mum and his dad sitting in front of the TV, watching a movie of Casper choice, after a dinner of Casper's favourite foods and cake. It wasn't much but it was everything Casper wanted. He felt the most happiest when it was just them, it always had been that way.

Sure, he liked parties but he felt uncomfortable thinking about one as rowdy as the ones he went to in his own home plus his parents looked forward to family events like this. He didn't want to see the hurt look of his mother realising he was growing up, he saw it often enough. It was the one day he got to be her little boy again and he didn't mind in the slightest.

There was one part of the night however, when he realised both his parents knew he was hiding something. They kept bringing up that it was the age they had their first love and all that jazz. They kept giving him knowing looks and Casper was terrified. He pointedly stayed oblivious, hoping they got the message that he wasn't going to talk about it, not yet. Because it was then he realised it had to come out sooner or later. James and Casper were good now, so good. But there was always something at the back of their minds, like a daunting shadow hanging over them telling them it couldn't last long being all sunshine and rainbows. They had to face the music sooner or later if it was serious and going to last long.