fourteen

CHAPTER FOURTEENHEART TO HEART

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
HEART TO HEART

[ THOR: RAGNAROK ]

With one hand Antares held his own and with the other, it slipped to his hip, resting just above his waist a little closer to his back which only brought the two in closer together and he rested his own spare hand onto her shoulder

The two begun to sway to the music, their voices never coming out to ruin the mood as the only danced, their eyes never leaving one another and their smiles never fading. The song wasn't really one for dancing so intimately but everyone seemed to be doing it so they just went along.

The two seemed to dance together forever. Ever in a trance that was unbreakable. This was what it felt like to dance with someone who wished to dance with you, with someone you cared so much for without knowing why. This was dancing with your close friends, family or intimate lovers. This was something Antares and Loki alike had never experienced in full bliss like they are now.

As it got later into the night, after Antares and Loki had eaten and entered the dance floor once more, the songs slowly got slower and slower before they were too slow to keep dancing in their position. Antares' arm slowly moved from Loki's waist which confused the male. He let go of her other hand which was held in his, thinking that she didn't want to dance anymore, but as her hands moved his own to her waist and she slipped hers around his neck, his eyes widened.

"What? Never slow danced before," A small chuckle left her lips, turning their silent stares to become small bickering back and forth.

"By the way your hands are hesitating on where to exactly sit behind my neck, I'd say you've never slow dance either." He mused.

"Lies, I slow danced at Prom, granted I did go solo with my friend and played the male when we decided to stupidly get up and dance together... plus she was my friend," Antares mumbled quickly, her hands behind Loki's neck moved as if she tried to explain the situation using them yet he couldn't see them.

"You're saying I'm not your friend? I thought we moved past our mutual hatred." Loki joked, a grin gracing his feature, blue eyes shinning under the lights.

"I'm not saying you're not," Antares let out, taken back by the comment. She had only really known Loki for a bit over a week but they had spent a fair amount of time together, even sharing a room. Yes, Antares no longer hated Loki the way she had, in fact, she questioned every little story which was told to her by the other Avengers. Yet here she is dancing quite intimately and she has no idea whether they're even friends.

"Then what are you saying?" He pressed on.

"It's just..." Antares let out a laugh, how would she explain how she felt without sounding crazy? She felt utterly weird, her mind foggy and heart racing, "You and I, we've been through quite a lot this past week and... I don't know, perhaps we could be friends. This is confusing."

Her arms slipped from Loki's neck giving them more distance than before so she could think. Being so close to the male made her head swirl and heart beat faster. She's felt this way before, wanting so badly for it to mean something else but every time she looks back up into his eyes, she knows that she's done for.

"How about we go get some fresh air, I heard there's a green room." She smiled, head turning to the side before walking out towards the large greenery situated just past two glass doors. Loki blindly followed her, trying to figure out if the girl was okay, she seemed puzzled. Perhaps she just needed fresh air like she said.

They walked around the greenery, plants from different planets alike grew graciously in the warm room. There were few people littered about the place, just chatting to get away from the crowded dance floor. Antares was actually surprised that she hadn't met the Grandmaster once that night, she was rather grateful too, now that she knew that he flirted with both herself and Loki.

She found a small opening with white fairy lights and bright colourful flowers outlining a small branch of a tree with a swing hanging off of it. With a big smile, she quickly took a seat and started to kick her legs back and forth, creating enough momentum to cause the swing to move. Loki watched her with a fond smile, his back leaning against the trunk to the tree.

"I used to spend hours just swinging on swing sets when I was young. I'd take my little brother to the park and while he slid down the slide multiple times, I would stay here, on a swing set, enjoying the breeze." She sighed as she reminist her childhood.

"You have a lot of fond memories of your brother." Loki nodded. "I wish mine were the same."

"It's not too late." Antares slowed her swinging down so she swayed back and forth, "You can still make it right, Thor still believes in you, cares for you." She took a deep breath, "I believe in you, I care for you."

"Well, you and Thor can create a club, party of two." Loki joked causing Antares to stop her swinging and give the male a glare.

"I'm being serious, stop pushing everyone away. If you keep doing this you're going to end up alone." the air between the two thinkend and Antares just knew that they were about to fight, again.

"Then I'll be alone." The male growled and went to walk away.

"Loki!" Antares called for him, jumping off the swing and running after the man, grabbing his wrist. She pulled on him, turning him around so they were eye to eye, she wasn't about the let him leave angered again. They couldn't keep fighting like this.

"I don't want to hear you're silly little words. I'm not a project, I'm not someone you can fix." Loki said, his words like ice.

"You're not my project, I don't want to fix you," Antares replied, her eyes trying to hold anger but she couldn't, they only held worry for the man. "You keep digging yourself into a deeper hole and soon not even your magic will get you out, I'm not here to help you. I'm here to tell you what you need to hear. You can believe me if you wish or not, I don't care. But you need to stop this!" She gestured to him, all of him, "Stop running away, you don't have to be something you're not, but just don't push people away when they want to help. Sometimes you don't need help but those who care enough to try, they're not the ones fighting you. They only want to know that you're okay, and I know this." She sighed, taking a deep breath, ready to let free everything she had been holding for so long.

"I've pushed so many people away because I was scared. Scared that if they continued to follow the same path I was that they'd get hurt. I pushed everyone I knew and loved away and in doing so, I lost them all. I'm not trying to fix you Loki, I'm trying to make you realise that what your doing won't only affect those around you, but yourself. Don't lose the ones you love the way I did, don't regret not being there for the ones you love, don't follow the same path I travelled down. Because, believe me, there is no coming back."

Loki stared at the crying girl, her words hitting him like a knife. He wanted to take her into his arms tell her that everything was fine, but after what she told him, he knew nothing was fine. She was just as broken as he was, if not even more. Yet Antares was still able to walk around standing tall, her smile was able to reach her eyes and she could still be happy, a hero. She was someone little girls looked up to and yet he couldn't be someone little boys would idolise, because he didn't try.