Sixty-Six

"The weatherman says clear today, he doesn't know you've gone away. And it's raining... raining in my heart"

 raining in my heart"

"Eb, you home?" I hear coming from the entrance of the house, with Harry making his presence known

"In here," I call out from the en suite bathroom as I apply the last touches to my face. It appears that my body has well and truly missed the memo about a pregnancy glow, as I look like an actual amoeba.

I snap my contour kit shut closed, questioning why I even tried in the first place when I clearly have no idea what I'm doing, when I walk out to meet Harry.

Exiting the room, I turn a corner, and without realising, bump straight into Harry who doesn't see me coming either.

"Woah, careful," he says, side stepping to get out of the way. Pausing, he looks me up and down. "Where are you going?"

"To meet with Gemma and Ollie for the baby shower prep. It'll basically consist of them pitching extravagant ideas to me, while I shut them all down."

Staring at me for a moment, he takes it in, before slowly nodding.

"Nice."

"You are coming, right?" I confirm, hoping he does at least make an appearance.

"Isn't that for... for the mother's friends and all that?" he asks, seeming a little skeptical. "I didn't think men were allowed."

"They're not," I answer. "But it's kind of tradition that the father shows up at some stage. To make an appearance so to speak... I mean, if you don't want to-"

"No," he blurts, causing me to stop talking. "I'll come... I can do that."

"Thank you," I smile, grateful for him agreeing to take part. Most of my friends and family are aware of us being together in the past, though I'll have to pre-warn some guests in particular who I've never informed. Though I do take some glee in seeing a friend's reaction when first seeing him show up unexpectedly. There's just something about him that men and women alike are drawn to.

I guess it could be said that it was part of our downfall...

Grabbing my car keys from the table, I'm almost out the door when I realise I still haven't filled my car up with petrol.