52. IRL

Cece and Paul walked out onto the rooftop hand in hand to see the party in full swing.

"This is amazing!" Cece admired.

"Yeah, Candice/Caroline has outdone herself!" Paul joked as Candice walked over to them with two glasses of a non-descript alcohol.

"Down it," she instructed. "Start as you mean to go on."

They glanced at each other, before shrugging and downing the drink. Then Candice pulled them into the middle of the party, where the Originals were enjoying their last night in Atlanta.

"Gillies!" Cece said, catching Daniel and enveloping him in a hug.

"I can't believe this all ends tonight," he said.

"I know. Mystic Falls is definitely going to miss Elijah," she responded with a grin. "And I'm definitely going to miss the inappropriate humour on set!"

"You know, it doesn't feel like I've been working here longer than you," he commented. "In fact, if feels like you've been here from the very beginning."

"You really think so?" she asked, smiling.

"Definitely."

"Excuse me," a British voice said. "Is it my turn with Cece now?"

"Joe!" she called with excitement, throwing her arms around him and squeezing tight. "I'm gonna miss you so much!"

"I'm gonna miss you too," he said. "And I'm gonna miss Willow."

"Are you kidding? Klaus is THE Original. Every single person who watches the show is going to be devastated that you're not gonna be with us anymore."

"Hopefully they won't miss me too much," he said, laughing.

"Hopefully," she said. "But I'm so excited for you! You're now the number one star of your own show, that's amazing!"

"Thanks," he said.

"Cece!" a drunk Phoebe called. She elbowed Joseph out of the way, poking her tongue at him, and hugging Cece, pressing their heads together.

"I love you, and I love Paul, and I love you guys together, and I love this party, and I love the whole cast, and I love everything," she said, still squeezing her.

"Wow, that's great," Cece said, grinning as she made eye contact with Joseph. "Good luck whoever's getting her on a plane tomorrow!"

"I'm serious though," she said. "I don't want to leave. But I'm gonna be a main character in this world for the first time! That's so exciting!"

"It is really exciting. You deserve it Pheebs," Cece said.

"I love you," she said again. "Let's do shots!"

***

The night was coming to an end. Most of the Originals had gone home to finish packing and sleep before their upcoming flight. Claire had thought ahead, packing her stuff early and leaving it at Cece's place so that she could crash there, as it was closer to the airport. They sat in the back of the car as Paul drove them home.

"Thanks for the awesome party," Claire said.

"Don't thank me," Cece said. "Candice basically did everything."

"Still, you came, and you were there for me."

"I'm always there for you," Cece reminded her. "Are you crying?"

"No," Claire said fiercely, rubbing her eyes with the back of her hand.

"You're so cute!" Cece said, reaching over and wrapping her arms around her best friend.

"Why is this sadder than you moving to LA?" she asked. "I didn't cry half as much then!"

"It's because we've been together every day for almost a year," Cece said.

"And I'm gonna miss your birthday!" Claire said, still crying.

"It's only a day! They'll be many more!" Cece said.

"God," Claire groaned, wiping her eyes again. "Listen, pinky pact. When we're finished with these shows, when they're long over, we have to move into houses right next to each other." She held up her pinky.

"Pinky pact," Cece agreed, interlocking their little fingers. They looked at each other and said 'I love you' without moving their lips, with just a look. As they had done for the first time 11 years prior.