Chapter 28 - Edited Once

I just love this song, so I thought of sharing it :)

Julian

(Edited Once)

After we got to the mall and bought Stella a new dress for her graduation ceremony, we headed to a small park that had no one in it but us. It was too quiet yet nice and calming. Skye was so annoying with her requests. She loved to shop to the point of insanity. We stayed at the mall for the whole freaking day. Literally. It was ten in the evening when we got out of the mall. I could not understand her sometimes.

'Sometimes? I don't understand her all the time. I don't know how Cody can handle her,' Peter commented as usual, and I had to agree with him on this one. He was not telling lies. 'So, when are you planning to complete the mating process? ' he asked excitedly. He was a perverted wolf.

'I don't know. Whenever she's ready. I don't want Stella to run away from us just because we didn't let her think about it carefully. It's a serious matter, you know? ' I replied, then waited for his reply.

He rolled his eyes, then sighed. 'I guess you're right. I hate it when you're right, so I will just go and leave you be for some time.'  

Cody and I sat on the benches across from the swings. Skye grabbed Stella's hand and dragged her to the swing that was placed in front of me. She locked eyes with me and started to swing like a free beautiful angel. My angel.

She looked absolutely stunning, and the dress that she got for tomorrow fit her perfectly. I will be her date tomorrow because she was too beautiful to be out there alone. There will be horny boys and men. Plus, Joey or Raymond might show up.

The idea of them made me growl a bit, but then I looked at my mate and calmed down. I smiled widely at her and admired her staggering smile. "What do you want to do, guys?" I asked, and they all shrugged.

Skye tilted her head back in the air and stared at the stars. I looked at the moon and thanked God because today was a full moon night, and most werewolves shift uncontrollably. We, on the other hand, do not. Our pack was taught to control our shifting at times like this. We went through very rough training to master our control. 

Our pack was one of the oldest packs of all time, so our bodies knew what to do after a while or struggling when it was a full moon night. Werewolves usually start shifting when they turn fifteen and have a three-year window. If, after they turn eighteen, they do not shift, then they never will. Therefore, the training must be harsh to withstand life.

Other packs would think that we had taken a drug or something not to shift. But in reality, Peter was already in deep slumber for the next twelve hours, and so was Skye's and Cody's wolves. It was risky but better than having uncontrollable wolves on the loose.

"Can I say a short poem, and you tell me if it's good or not?" Stella asked all of a sudden, and we nodded with happy smiles. She fixed her position and cleared her throat. 

"We are all made of stars, but wait, that's not how it starts. Not knowing where to go, or what time, how do I know? should I ask, should I cry. I still don't know. I fall, but I rise. I make mistakes, but in the end, we are all gonna change. So you can wait until the moon is awake. Stare at the sky and pray that you will not break. Stay strong, spread your wings, but if you fall that will be the end... wait, who said that this would be the end? That's not it 'cause you're human, after all. You're not perfect. You fall, you rise, but that proves you are alive. We are all made of stars," she delivered this relatable poem softly, and I was proud.

Cody, Skye, and I stood up and clapped for her. "That was beautiful," I commented, and she smiled brightly.

"Yes, absolutely. It was great," Cody said.

"Where and when did you create it?" Skye asked with a wide smile.

Stella stood up but did not move. "Thank you, guys. I got inspired when I looked at the stars." Stella answered. "They made me-" she did not continue her sentence as she suddenly ran to us with a frightened expression.

"Stella!" we called for her, but the next thing that happened made us gasp and open our eyes in disbelief. We heard bone-cracking sounds and wincing coming from her small mouth. We looked carefully at her as she shifted from her small petite human body to a gray wolf.

Stella jumped over our heads before we could register what had just happened and landed on a brown wolf that was probably a rogue. The astonishment made us freeze in our spot. We could not move, and our wolves were in slumber.

I saw my human mate in her wolf form fighting a rogue. She fought him fiercely until she broke his leg. She won, then the rogue ran back to the woods, whining and bleeding. "What just happened?" Skye and Cody asked at the same time. I approached her and then kneeled down in front of her shivering body. She was in shock as well.

I pulled my hand and placed it on her head. I rubbed her soft fur gently and carefully. I did not want to scare her. "Stella?" I trailed off, and she nodded her head. Then she started sniffing my clothes and buried her head into my chest.

That's really her. What in the world just happened?

As I was thinking of the possibilities, Peter howled and made me shift.

I guess he smelled her wolf.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey guys :)

I hope you liked this chapter ♡

Ps. The poem is my original writing, I hope you liked it ♛

Please vote and comment ★