Family Down Time

I sit in the car, my hands covered by leather gloves as Klaus pulls to a stop, right before the huge plantation... Mikaelsons and their mansions.

We sit in silence for a minute, just enjoying each others company as Klaus's hand rubs circles on my knee. After a few moments, he breaks the silence. "What did Finn mean when he-"

"I don't know."I interrupt, continuing to play dumb. I don't want to worry him, he already has enough on his plate. Quietly, he sighs, allowing me to get out before he meets me in front of the bonnet. With a smile, he grabs my gloved hand, leading me towards the plantation.

I smile widely as Elijah hands me my baby, her cute little legs kicking around as she grins. I place a lingering kiss on her forehead, Klaus doing the same.

_______________________________________________

I sit on a small bench, cradling Hope as Klaus and Elijah watch, with Rebekah building a small bonfire.

" Curse on the first-born? What the bloody hell is that supposed to mean?" Rebekah asks, dumbfounded whilst she continues to set up the wood.

I sigh, covering Hope's tiny ears. "It means some bitch is going to die."

Klaus nods, beginning the story,"Well, according to Finn, our sister Freya didn't die of plague. She was taken as payment by our aunt Dahlia, who then cursed all Mikaelson first-borns for eternity." He says, not removing his eyes from our child.

"Well, no wonder Finn hates us. He lost the sister he adored, and instead got a judgy pack of siblings who found him unbearably dull." Rebekah says, shrugging her shoulders, a scowl on her face as a smirk makes its way across my face.

"The fable's over a thousand years old. Dahlia is long dead." Elijah says, adamant that the idea will not happen. I wish I could join the Elijah choo-choo train, but nothing good happens to the Mikaelsons. Any bad idea you can come up with, will probably happen to them.... Just you wait until them flying monkeys come from Oz to, I don't know, hypnotise Rebekah.

" No one's going to hurt Hope, because no one's going to find her. "Klaus says, pausing as he turns his gaze towards Rebekah, shaking his head," There's enough wood, Rebekah. You'll burn down the whole bloody state of Arkansas."

" Well, we're just missing a key ingredient!" She says, rubbing her hands together with excitement.

Immediately, Klaus shakes his head no at what ever her idea is, as Rebekah sticks her bottom lip out, forming a pout.

"Yes, we are, Nik! Back me up, Elijah!" She says, quickly.

"I suspect Niklaus would rather choke on the ashes." Elijah says laughing. I smile at him, before turning my attention back to Hope, tickling her as she giggles.

"Anyone want to share with me?" I ask, confused.

"

" Well, before we light it, we write down our wishes for each other to burn for luck! It was Kol's favourite part when we were kids!" Bekah says with a giddy smile. I hake my head back and forth incredulously.

" It's further evidence as to why we should ignore it!" Klaus exclaims, taking the seat behind me and taking Hope's tiny little hand.

______________________________________________________

I smirk, walking towards Klaus after winding Elijah up for his easily noticeable love for Hayley. H glares at my back as I head towards Klaus, holding pen and paper out to him as he coos a giggly Hope.

"I'm holding a small child, Eve. This silly wish game will have to wait!" He says, keeping his gaze on the adorable infant in his arms.

"You write, I'll hold." I say, smiling. He scowls, looking up at me momentarily.

"You do realise that you don't get to boss me around, even if I am your husband." He says, trying to be serious even when the corners of his lips tug.

"You do realise that I had to endure horrendous labour and actual death birthing the child that you're holding?" I say, kissing his cheek, swapping the pen and paper for my baby.

"Fine."He mutters, "I wish my wife would stop being annoying and find someone else to bug." He says, tearing the paper before handing it to me, an innocent look on his face as I glare at him.

"You are insufferable." I mutter in frustration as I follow his retreating figure.

_____________________________________________________

" I wonder if it'll work?" Rebekah wonders aloud, holding up a camera that is probably 4 times my age.

"Oh, bloody hell."Klaus says with a sigh, shaking his head in annoyance.

"Come on, let's try it! Hey, Nik, do you think you can cram us all into a selfie?" Rebekah asks, standing beside me.... I have not seen Rebekah look this happy since the night that we trashed the Salvatore boarding house in a drunk haze.

"Oh, Niklaus is a virtuoso at cramming his siblings into confined spaces." Elijah says with a sigh, Klaus scowls, ready to argue back before Rebekah quickly interrupts him.

"Oh, come on, just take the picture!" Rebekah snaps.

Klaus sighs, holding the camera out before us all as we all smile. Of course, Scrooge had to keep his face blank.

"Aw, see? I wish that it could always be like this." Rebekah says, smiling as the picture develops.

"You realise we'll have to burn it. You want me to make a wish for the family, Rebekah? I wish it didn't have to be like this. But, it does." Klaus says sighing as he wraps his arm around my waste, pulling myself and Hope into his side. "We can't risk it falling into the wrong hands."

"No! This isn't right. We deserve this. We've earned this."Rebekah says, deflated as Elijah allows the fire to burn it to ashes. I smile sadly at her, burying my head into Klaus's chest.

_________________________________________________________

"It'll work. She will be distracted during the spell. She'll be vulnerable." Rebekah says persistently, determination drowning her tone as she addresses each of us in turn.

"No. If we kill her, she body-jumps. " Klaus says, pulling me closer into him on the couch. Elijah sits on a plush couch, staring at us all in deep thought whilst Rebekah paces before us all, Hope asleep in my arms.

" Then stop her from jumping!" Rebekah snaps. I sigh, sinking further into Klaus, though he seems not to mind.

" If I knew how to bloody stop her from jumping, don't you think I would have happily murdered her ages ago?" Klaus says... Klaus does have a fetish for murdering peoples Mothers, maybe I should keep my eyes out.

"Well, ages ago, you didn't have a Harvest girl or a Mikaelson witch. Kol knows all of her tricks." Rebekah says, resulting in me sighing again.

"Hopefully, we'll get lucky and stop the spell before I jump."Rebekah continues.

"What if it doesn't work and you become ugly?"I ask curiously.

" Well, we need to find someone for her to jump into. Someone anonymous. Someone who could disappear with Hope."Klaus says, reaching his arms around me to stroke her hair soothingly.

"When I'm old and wrinkly, you can dump me back into my old body. Nik already has a coffin he can store me in." Rebekah says with an eye roll. I'm going to let you in on a little secret, I hate this idea almost as much as I hate Finnick Odair dying.... And that's a lot.